PHD Minim Ultra Sleeping Bag, Stanely Air Compressor

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Zippy

PHD Minim Ultra Sleeping Bag, Stanely Air Compressor

Post by Zippy »

Bit of a rushed post, shall update with further details later today. I shall be attending WRT 2015 next weekend, so free postage if you can collect there!

PHD Minim Ultra sleeping bag. £235
Purchased around August 2013, used I reckon about 10 or so times, every time with a liner and in good conditions. Very good condition overall.
Specs basically like this: http://www.phdesigns.co.uk/minim-ultra- ... g-k-series (I don't actually know what difference the "K-Series" upgrades makes, but the specs look pretty identical). Slept in it at below 8 degrees quite happily with the silk liner, very good. Has the short zip on left option (extra £20). Only reason I'm selling is I bought the "racer down" sleeping bag which is identical but lighter materials, so can't really justify owning two very similar sleeping bags! :oops:

Stanley 5 litre air compressor £60

This model: http://www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-dn-8- ... 240v/22374 good condition, haven't actually used the connector fitting on this so that's like brand new as I swapped over to a pcl connector. Easy to use, includes regulator etc and small enough to sneak into your garage / kitchen etc. You'll suddenly find air dusting / cleaning things easy with it, as well as helpful for popping on tubeless tyres.
Only getting rid as I've bought a considerably higher spec machine so I can run some more meaty air tools etc.

Any questions just ask. Can provide photos etc. If you're not at WRT, I can post, I'd prefer to use collect+
Zippy

Re: PHD Minim Ultra Sleeping Bag, Stanely Air Compressor

Post by Zippy »

Ok, don't have a photo for the sleeping bag (I swear I did!) Shall take a photo tomorrow - but it really does look like the stock photo.

Here's the compressor:
Stanley 5L Compressor by zippyonline, on Flickr
Ian

Post by Ian »

Zippy, possibly interested in the compressor. The adapted fire extinguisher didn't really work :(
How reliable is it at doing tubeless tyres? I've found Maxxis tyres on Blunt 35's particularly infuriating to mount...
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Sleeping Bag Photo, real weight including stuff sac and zip option.

PHD_Minim_Ultra by zippyonline, on Flickr
Ian wrote:Zippy, possibly interested in the compressor. The adapted fire extinguisher didn't really work :(
How reliable is it at doing tubeless tyres? I've found Maxxis tyres on Blunt 35's particularly infuriating to mount...
Ian, the compressor is obviously better than a track pump, but I wouldn't say 100% successful for tubeless in all cases. I've popped a car tyre on with it (long story where I needed to get gravel out from between the rim of wheel and the tyre :roll: ). If you've got a reasonable bead on the rim and you're just losing pressure it works, if the tyre is really slack compared to the rim, I have had a 'mare before I must admit - on the same wheel/tyre combo I was fine using probs half a 24litre tank at the same pressure. From my limited experience I would say the 5litre compressor is as useful as a bigger one 95% of the time. On the plus side, it is considerably quieter than my industrial-ish spec new one!
That said, I suspect you could use the motor, fittings etc. onto your fire extinguisher (dunno about the safety of this re: how much pressure they can take etc.) so you could "upgrade" this one to a 20L fire extinguisher :wink: If you wanted to do that, I'd reduce the price to £50 on the proviso that you post a few photos of the conversion - that's worth some £10 of entertainment to me seeing some engineering and an upgrade to my compressor :cool:
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

OK, Sleeping Bag subject to a price drop I think. I'll just say "sensible offers" and see what happens I think :-bd
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

May be interested in the bag, if you can take it to Tyndrum on 22/23rd?
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

boxelder wrote:May be interested in the bag, if you can take it to Tyndrum on 22/23rd?
I will be at the start of the HTR550 (and in the area the day before) so yes shall be in Tyndrum 22/23rd.
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

Great - read that you would be. Will pm you.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Sleeping bag sold.

Compressor now on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Air-Compresso ... 530649425?