Easter Lakes Bivi Trip

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Chew

Easter Lakes Bivi Trip

Post by Chew »

I'm planning a multiday trip in the Lake District over the Easter Weekend.

A few hills, a bit of road, some hike a bike and a ferry or too.

Thinking of a big loop starting in Windermere, over high street, ferry to Glenridding, old coach road to Threlkeld, around the back of Skiddaw to Bassenthwaite, through Whinlatter Forest to Ennerdale, over Blacksail Pass to Eskdale, up Walna Scar but down another way and around the south of Conniston Water, through Grizdale forest taking the ferry back to Windermere.

I recon 130 miles over most of the long weekend.

If anyones interesting in comming along let me know :D
valleydaddy

Re: Easter Lakes Bivi Trip

Post by valleydaddy »

sounds vaguely exciting Matt I would love to have a crack at that, I'll sound out the good lady and let you know, what dates are you planning on??
Chew

Post by Chew »

Was thinking of setting off on Good Friday , 6 April and then getting back to the start by sun/mon
Chew

Post by Chew »

Had a bit of a think about the original route i was planning, and i've cut out a lot of the high passes.

If anyone is interested i'm joining me, i'm planning on leaving Stavaley at about lunchtime on good friday.

Heading over to Windermere and getting the ferry across to Grizdale, for a ride through the forest and getting to the bottom of Coniston Lake, through Coniston to Iron Keld, following the Cumbria Way across to Keswick, throuhgh Whinlatter forest, around the north side of Skiddaw, over the old coach road to the northern end of Ullswater, around Haweswater Reservoir and back to Stavaley on Easter Sunday