Waterbottle filters?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Waterbottle filters?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

For one reason or another I'm thinking of buying one, so ... Do you use a waterbottle with an inbuilt filter? Is it any good? What is it? Has anyone used a Fill2Pure bottle?

Thank you.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Matt

Re: Waterbottle filters?

Post by Matt »

I have a Travel Tap MK2

The filter is brilliant! (gets rid of everything)

The design is rubbish, just a terrible design that somebody didn't think through.
atk

Post by atk »

I've got a Travel Tap, taken it out a couple of times but haven't had chance to use it. Rich/Shona and a few others rated them, only complaint was the waterflow is a bit slow. Seems secure in the bottle cages I'm using.
andibs

Post by andibs »

Not built in but have a look at the Sawyer mini filter. Weighs nothing, highly efficient filter and life time guarantee

Andy
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Andy, the Sawyer Mini is brilliant and my usual filter of choice (I think I reviewed it last year) but this is for something quite specific, so really want a bottle with inbuilt filter.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Wanna borrow the TravelTap, could drop it in at weekend?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Wanna borrow the TravelTap, could drop it in at weekend?
Very kind offer ... but you said it was rubbish :-bd
HopeValleyPaul

Post by HopeValleyPaul »

I have one of these,

http://www.purehydration.com/shop/emerg ... traveller/

It's sh!t, the filter itself is fine but the bottle is made of the flimsiest plastic and the cap is a nightmare to drink out off. I fill it and squeeze the water out of it into a decent bottle which is a pain in the arse but I will get my moneys worth out of it.
Matt

Post by Matt »

yep, but some like 'em
Brothersmith

Post by Brothersmith »

I got a travel tap, slow to filter but OK as long as you don't mind sipping rather the gulping. No good in summer when you want to rehydrate fast. The major flaw with mine is it leaks round the neck which sought of defeats the object of filtering the water.

My friend has a water-to-go bottle http://www.gapyeartravelstore.com/water ... ottle.html

In Scotland when we were filtering peaty water, it still came out brown from the Sawyer filter I had with me where as it was clear from my friends water-to-go bottle. It was also quicker to filter than the Sawyer. Not very scientific I know, but it impressed me
benp1

Post by benp1 »

I use a travel tap

It's a bit slow, but with the filter removed its a normal piss bottle, and with it in I use to refill other bottles

It's my only water filter
RayKickButts

Post by RayKickButts »

I used the Water 2 Go bootle before i had my sawyer mini, never a issue only down side is you need to keep mental note of how many times you use it as there is no warning when filter is dead, other than that brill bottle
ericrobo

Post by ericrobo »

"The major flaw with mine is it leaks round the neck which sought of defeats the object of filtering the water."

Yes mine did leak but what you have to do is to take out the rubber seal, and carefully re-seat it until it doesn't leak

Hope that helps... a bit
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Aqua pure Traveller, it works very well and filters everything you could want it to filter.
Brothersmith

Post by Brothersmith »

ericrobo wrote:"The major flaw with mine is it leaks round the neck which sought of defeats the object of filtering the water."

Yes mine did leak but what you have to do is to take out the rubber seal, and carefully re-seat it until it doesn't leak

Hope that helps... a bit
Cheers, will give that a go
Lughnasadh

Post by Lughnasadh »

Has anyone tried the Lifestraw go water bottle?

Looks like a decent design and gets good reviews.
cycleofaddiction

Post by cycleofaddiction »

I use the Travel Tap which I agree is a bit slow to filter but I haven't found that to be a problem really and I might be wrong but I would imagine similar systems to be much the same as It's going to take time for the water to properly filter, and I'm not sure if would trust something that was quick anyway. The Travel Tap has been used by the UK & U.S. government and military and several Aid agencies. I haven't had any leaking problems and find that as It's a normal piss bottle it's easy to carry on the bike or a backpack and has enabled me to carry a lot less water saving me a tonne of weight . I'm really happy with mine.