Three Rivers ride?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mike

Three Rivers ride?

Post by Mike »

So iv been looking at my map of Brecon to see about doing a route and iv noticed theres this route called the three rivers ride. Who knows anything about it (ian) where does it start/end, how long is it and has anyone rode it.is it worth a look, it looks like it follows so good tracks.
psling

Re: Three Rivers ride?

Post by psling »

Don't know much about it, it's a long distance pony trekking route so is all legal for bike riding, unless there are any 'no bikes' permissive bits (unlikely). I've ridden bits of it in the Black Mountains as part of other routes and they've been mostly rideable; anyone who's ridden bridleways used by pony trekkers in the Black Mountains will know what I mean by 'mostly'! Haven't looked to see where it starts or finishes but it's a multi-day route. Ian??
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

psling

Post by psling »

Interesting. The bits I've ridden are further west than that ride, close to Bwllch, Llangorse and Talgarth. I notice that link refers to the Hereford 3 Rivers Ride, maybe something with a similar name or maybe just part of the total route?
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Mike, the Epynt Way might be more up your street. 80k mainly on BW around the Sennybridge MOD training area.

http://www.epyntway.org/
May the bridges you burn light your way
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

I seem to remember Ian saying some of the Epynt way was worth forgetting.
Loads of mud.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I seem to remember Ian saying some of the Epynt way was worth forgetting.
Loads of mud.
He'd love it these days then, fat bike an'all.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Mike

Post by Mike »

I like the look of those trails, cheers Stu i will be taking a look on the fatbike sometime soon. Ive also found a route north of the Wye starting at Llowes its 16mile ish and looks good has anyone ridden this area?? its over Glasbury hills.
psling

Post by psling »

There are miles of good tracks and trails over Llanbedr Hill and the area to the north of there up towards Kington (all just to the north of Llowes and Glasbury).
Ian

Post by Ian »

Taylor wrote:I seem to remember Ian saying some of the Epynt way was worth forgetting.
Loads of mud.
Tussocks. Lots and lots of tussocks.

Three Rivers - I'll have a look at the map, but don't recall seeing it. Which three rivers are they? Wye, Usk and ???
Ian

Post by Ian »

psling wrote:There are miles of good tracks and trails over Llanbedr Hill and the area to the north of there up towards Kington (all just to the north of Llowes and Glasbury).
I revisited this area recently. Lovely place. Dead peaceful, with great trails.

Quite a lot of redundant farm machinery lying about the place too, if you like that sort of thing.