Did the same, prices were too good to resist and you are welcome for the PSA
Johnallan

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by Johnallan »

5.10's here too. SPD Kestrels.
L2R24

Post by L2R24 »

Polartec Alpha trail jacket from Specialized: https://www.specialized.com/gb/en/mens- ... KcQAvD_BwE
£85 with extra 10% off on their website sale. 'Trail fit' seems to mean it sizes up big. Mine's in black but now kinda wish I'd gone for the moroon!
FLV

Post by FLV »

L2R24 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:14 pm Polartec Alpha trail jacket from Specialized: https://www.specialized.com/gb/en/mens- ... KcQAvD_BwE
£85 with extra 10% off on their website sale. 'Trail fit' seems to mean it sizes up big. Mine's in black but now kinda wish I'd gone for the moroon!
I love alpha insulation!

When you say sizes up big, do you have another brand you would compare the sizing to?

For instance, in 7Mesh I like an XL MTB fit and XXL roadie fit. Montane is XXL generally, a few are XL but not many. etc. Endura MTB I can wear XL. Roadie XXL

Thanks a lot
L2R24

Post by L2R24 »

FLV wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:54 am
L2R24 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:14 pm Polartec Alpha trail jacket from Specialized: https://www.specialized.com/gb/en/mens- ... KcQAvD_BwE
I love alpha insulation!

When you say sizes up big, do you have another brand you would compare the sizing to?

For instance, in 7Mesh I like an XL MTB fit and XXL roadie fit. Montane is XXL generally, a few are XL but not many. etc. Endura MTB I can wear XL. Roadie XXL

Thanks a lot
@FLV, not sure about comparisons to be honest...personally I've found sizing to be fairly inconsistent within brands, especially between "road" and "trail/mtb" ranges.
I ordered a medium and a large - medium was a good semi form fit on me (39" chest and probably 36" waist these days :oops: ). Large was pretty voluminous! Fit is also quite long too compared with more roadie-focused tops, but pretty suited to the more upright position on the rigid loop bar bike. For me, maybe similar to medium in Montane, and a bit looser than large in roadie Sportful/Castelli. Not sure that helps!
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

With a Park bike stand. My cheapo one is falling to bits and the really cheapo one I tried from PX is utterly rubbish so lives outside as a bike washing stand. New one seems nice and sturdy
AndreR

Post by AndreR »

...today and delivered 2 OS Maps centered on my address. :-bd Custom print in 1:25000 and 1:50000 with my Photos on the cover!! :cool: Going to make an effort to do more exploring locally this year.
If at first you don't succeed you're running about average!

Introverts Unite! We are here, we are uncomfortable and we want to go home.
robsmuddygloves

Post by robsmuddygloves »

As mentioned in the bargains thread, the postie dropped off an exped ultra 5r mummy, serious upgrade from my Alpkit cloud base. BAM is now possible, especially coupled with the quilt I got from gramxpert.eu. Anyone got any recommendations for electric air inflators?
Boab

Post by Boab »

robsmuddygloves wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:17 pm Anyone got any recommendations for electric air inflators?
There was a recent thread - https://bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/phpB ... hp?t=24210
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

On sale from Backcountry Scotland (Not Molly)

Rapideye

Post by Rapideye »

Posted via the LBS...a set of SKS Bluemels mudguards that have been on order for about 3 months. Finally arrived.

Also picked up a new set of schwalbe tyres to fit to a 2nd hand Islabike I've bought for my daughter. Yet to pick it up but I'll be able to pimp it up before she gets it.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

... literally as I was posting on another thread, while I was having some lunch and a break from amateur tree surgery, and brought a new cooking pot, a Soto Thermolite. 750ml to give me a smaller option than my 1l Alpkit pot. Anodised aluminium, which I prefer to titanium. Seems a nicely thought out set.

Boab

Post by Boab »

... and dropped off some elbow and knee pads. 50% off on the knee pads, and 33% off on the elbow pads on the 7iDP website. Actually for use at the ice rink*, but could double up as on bike protection too. Just need some sort of back protector now.

* Yes, I did consider getting full on ice hockey protection kit. But thought it a bit extreme for going round in circles for a couple of hours a week.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
gecko76

Post by gecko76 »

...and brought a windshield :-bd
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Got some socks from the Bananna Industries link the other day, feel nice in the hand. Hopefully I’ll never need them :lol:

Also got a flask from the same place, was £8 instead of £20, so going to keep that for summer use only and put water in it on day rides/walks. It’s 900ml so was expecting something Nalgene sized but seems quite a bit bigger. Oh well :lol:
Rapideye

Post by Rapideye »

Postie brought gifts for my birthday...Fjern Arktis hooded down jacket (Seemed like good value) and Lonely Planet's Best Bike Rides Of Great Britain...a gift from my Daughter.
L2R24

Post by L2R24 »

...and dropped off a few last bits from the Chiggle fire sale:
Ragley Trig triple mount gravel fork (£85 ish), pressfit installation tool (£20'ish) and some pawls and springs (99p!) to try & improve the sticky freehub on the smart trainer.
Still have my finger hovering over some Fohn and DHB kit...
faustus

Post by faustus »

Also delivered the bargain Ragley fork - which seems pretty good for the money. Not used a fork with an integrated crown race before, let alone a carbon one, but will see how it goes. Also arriving are some cable guides to use on the fork mounts, as I refuse to use internal hose routing on forks.

Based on L2R24's post, also got a couple of cheap Fohn bits coming too, thanks!
Johnallan

Post by Johnallan »

He delivered a Jones H-bar shaped package from the BB Classifieds. Cheers Mark :-bd

Apparently the Fairlight Holt is 'unashamedly XC'. My wrists would rather it be something else.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

From wiggle

Two fleece blankets, £5 instead of £100. Thick, deep fleece on one side and a windproof layer on the other. Perfect for sitting out in spring or keeping warm next winter on the couch :-bd

One Fohn shirt, softshell outer and primaloft+fleece inner, great casual piece for the pub or pretending I’m a gravel Taylor :lol:
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Poor Taylor being used as a swear filter word…

Anyways, just become a (DHB knockoff) dry robe wan… :lol:

NSFW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDgBBWOlFsY
RIP

Post by RIP »

voodoo_simon wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:58 am Poor Taylor being used as a swear filter word…
The ultimate BBB honour really :smile:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Johnallan

Post by Johnallan »

voodoo_simon wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:58 am Poor Taylor being used as a swear filter word…

Anyways, just become a (DHB knockoff) dry robe wan… :lol:

NSFW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDgBBWOlFsY
Booked tickets yesterday to see GLC in Huddersfield in November :-bd
Mart

Post by Mart »

Some wax, for new chain lube regime. Hot wax dipping is a whole new world to me
2924 miles per Gallon