Bar ends in the middle - BB200 preparations

Make your own gear? Talk about it here!

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mandicky

Bar ends in the middle - BB200 preparations

Post by Mandicky »

Here's a fairy simple mod I've made to my standard bars. I've added a couple of aluminium bar ends inboard of all the controls - for that aero-tuck position :wink:

I found some flexible conduit that fitted inside these bar ends to close the 'loop'. This was a slight nod towards H&S but primarily to give me a mounting point for my lamp when I'm carrying a drybag on the bars.

I've got an Alpkit Kanga and it now mounts to the bar ends, giving me a couple of inches clearance for the brake pipes etc.

Quite pleased with it all really. Once I've covered it in bar tape it should look OK too :smile:

Rich
Shalarim

Re: Bar ends in the middle - BB200 preparations

Post by Shalarim »

Nice, loving the conduit to link them together.
larsmars

Post by larsmars »

Great idea, I also have a kanga and was trying to solve this problem today and just remembered you posted this. Hope you don't mind if I copy your design. Where did you find the conduit? Is it stiff enough for the light?
Mandicky

Post by Mandicky »

Hi, Copy away - that's the idea of the forum :smile:

The conduit was knocking around at work. Anything that is a bit flexible and fits inside / outside the bar ends would be fine. I tried a piece of rigid pipe to join them up first but getting the curve right without putting strain on the fixing points was impossible (for me!). I've had a few night rides and the light wobbles a bit but I haven't found it a problem. If you know any electricians (conduit) or plumbers (plastic pipe) they could probably give you an offcut for free.

Rich