Real Coffee

Make your own gear? Talk about it here!

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mart

Real Coffee

Post by Mart »

Real coffee when out on the bike is a weakness for me. And my search for the best cup just got a bit closer :geek: Just thought I would share

Normally I use one of these Java Drips, which is good light and efficient. http://gsioutdoors.com/products/pdp/ult ... rip/coffee
OK for 1 small cup, where i use the net bit directly in the cup

Not sure where I heard it but found an old Bodum Coffee Plunger (8 cup one?) in the back of a kitchen cupboard, the diameter of which fits my mug perfectly.
Cut down the handle to suit mug size was the only modification required. and glue the handle back on, what could be simpler!
The extra strong glue was pish so heated the metal rod and melted it into the handle... perfect

The black coffee lid makeds a good mug lid, and the whole thing will screw apart / colapsable for carrying
2924 miles per Gallon
nobby

Re: Real Coffee

Post by nobby »

That's clever :-bd
"What doesn't kill us makes us stranger." - The Joker
AndyA

Post by AndyA »

Ace. :cool:
Farawayvisions

Post by Farawayvisions »

:-bd
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Stu, can we have a like button?
jameso

Post by jameso »

I like that .. been eyeing up a similar 4-cup press in the kitchen for donor parts to go with a new smaller ti cup, not sure if dia is right tho. It'd be great if the lid could lift off while the plunger was depressed/in position, so that the cup could still store coffee, mini-stove etc between plunger and lid?
Mart

Post by Mart »

Plunger will unscrew from the filter end so when travelling you can still store things inside. :-bd
2924 miles per Gallon
jameso

Post by jameso »

^ That's brilliant then, like it. Unf both the plungers I have are a bit small. My new ti mug now has a bisto tub plastic lid fitted on, a perfect fit. And I'll pinch Ray's excellent coffee tin idea from the other thread for making a decent coffee.
welshwhit

Post by welshwhit »

jameso wrote:^ My new ti mug now has a bisto tub plastic lid fitted on, a perfect fit.

I tried this as a replacement for my myog bottom of whiskey tube lid... perfect fit but melted....
jameso

Post by jameso »

:grin: was intended as a pack lid not an in use lid, defo not tempted to try it now!