Glentress last weekend

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

composite

Glentress last weekend

Post by composite »

As I was riding a 26" wheeled full susser with dropper post this might not be niche enough for here :roll: but here goes any way. Last weekend I went up to Glentress for a reunion weekend with a group of friends I used to ride with a lot. It was a rare opportunity for us to all to be together again as one of the guys is now living back in Canada and was over with work in Edinburgh. First time riding in Scotland and it certainly didn't disappoint, a great time was had by all. Here's a few pics with a larger gallery here: http://www.composite-projects.co.uk/201 ... b-reunion/

RE8ELD0G

Re: Glentress last weekend

Post by RE8ELD0G »

Looks vaguely exciting.
I really want to get up to Scotland for some riding.
Its a fine line between a cuddle........
And holding her down so she cant get away!

Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

The cannabis plants in the foreground of that last shot look nearly ready for harvest :O)
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Cheeky Monkey wrote:The cannabis plants in the foreground of that last shot look nearly ready for harvest :O)
We do of course have the perfect climate up here in Scotland to be able to produce such a fine crop :wink: .
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

I've done red and black at glentress now, I think the red is better, you can get flow on it, black is just crashing over rocks. That said last time I was doing the black route, my mate had snapped a spoke, and then another one, so we switched to red at the end. The art of flow was able to be used, rather than the art of picking and crashing over big things.

all IMHO.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Of my infrequent visits to Scotland and that "side" of the Stanes I prefer the XC at Innerlethin. The climb's a bit of a stinker, at the start and out of the trees and to the trig on Minch Moor, but the descent was a blast.

I find Glentress a bit mleh, but thousands of others don't so maybe it's just me.

On the West side I've really enjoyed riding Mabie, Dalbeattie and Kirroughtree. TBH, any ride is better than none :cool:
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

I really enjoyed kirroughtree, it had a bit of everything on a nice loop :cool:

Kirroughtree (2013) by zippyonline, on Flickr
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Now, when I did that black out to "McMoab" I thought it was a dull fireroad slog and the rocks themselves offered pretty poor riding. This was a few years ago and I've since been back and thoroughly enjoyed the black / red / blue variations that go about halfway out.

To be fair on the return after that utterly awful sharp climb I pinch flatted several times and was crackered so mebe it was me (again) :wink:

Kirroughtree's had the (inevitable?) trail head / centre treatment with swanky cafe building and lots of landscaping as of this Easter.