FS – Singular Swift (bikepacking) bike

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

barney

FS – Singular Swift (bikepacking) bike

Post by barney »

This is a very reluctant bike sale, main spec…

Medium Singular Swift frame (powder blue)
Rock Shox 29er Recon 120mm fork with remote lock out (recently serviced)
29er Stans Flow ZTR rims (tubeless set up)
WTB Weirwolf Tyres
Hope Pro 2 (gold) front hub
Alfine 11 speed rear hub
Avid Elixir R brakes
EBB with (bling?) elliptical 34 tooth chain ring
SS Chain

I bought this a couple of months ago as my bivy specific bike, ashamed to say with a fully laden bike I’m that unfit that I tend to spend most of my rides in “granny” ring and the Alfine doesn’t suit my type of riding. However it probably won’t be an issue for 90% of the riders on the forum.

I’ll chuck in a spare smaller cog for the Alfine hub for flatter rides (never used it), a spare set of Elixir brakes (good should you need to cannibalise parts) and a couple of spare sets of pads.

It cost me £500 (from a mate) for the almost fully built bike less brakes, bars, grips, saddle, seat post and pedals which I sourced separately. Since the photo was taken I’ve shortened the brake hoses (numpty me fitted them with original factory length).

I reckon I’ve only ridden it approx. 10 times and don’t want to lose too much money on it so I’m looking for £500ono but bear in mind that includes all the additional parts I added.

I’m North West based but would be prepared to travel a bit to handover, send via courier or alternatively I hope to be at BB200 (if I’m fit enough).

Not the best photo as I’m in work but feel free to PM for more pics/info…

cheers
Wait for me...
Zoglug

Re: FS – Singular Swift (bikepacking) bike

Post by Zoglug »

Lovely looking bike! Wish i had the money and fitness to take this off your hands!

GL with the sale!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Barney can u n call me on 07834729508 if its still up for sale please I'll possibly take it off you thanks mike
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

I could well be interested if Yetiman isn't. THis feels a little like a recurring theme between me and you :wink:

Let me know if YM doesn't take it.

timsellors@googlemail.com
Ian

Post by Ian »

I'm curious, how does this work with the fixed chain length to the rear hub, or do you have something to take up the slack in the chain (though I can't see anything in the picture)?
Mart

Post by Mart »

I got an eliptical (One Key) on my Swift also, and its very trouble free (either SS or with Hub Gear)

Not much to it really. You set it up with the chainring at the largest/longest point, and thats it
The slack in the chain at the smallest point is not so much to drop the chain - no adjuster needed
2924 miles per Gallon
barney

Post by barney »

Ian wrote:
I'm curious, how does this work with the fixed chain length to the rear hub, or do you have something to take up the slack in the chain (though I can't see anything in the picture)?
Hi Ian,

to be honest I didn't notice much difference, but then you don't at the absurdly slow speeds that I go.

It was John's bike originally so probably best ask him although Mart seems to agree with me
Wait for me...