Satmap

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Fozzyuk

Satmap

Post by Fozzyuk »

Simple question probably multiple answers. I've been offered the loan of a satmap 10 for the bb 200. Looking at bike mounts I can't seem to find anything less than 30 odd quid.

Anyone have a cheaper alternative please ?
Slacker

Re: Satmap

Post by Slacker »

Not that I have seen, it does come with a new back cover with a mount on it so you can slip it on the one on the bike. :grin:
As well as being 30 squid its not the most subtle of mounts, quite a brute for the job really.
On the plus side, mine has never fell off on the last 3 WRT's :roll:
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

I picked up one of these today to try my Galaxy S4 in. The small zipped one would fit an external battery pack in as well. Probably too small for the sat map though.

http://www.lidl-ni.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-24 ... il&id=9402
Attachments
21502wk2814ni_01_f.jpg
(109.47 KiB) Downloaded 948 times
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Been using my satmap for the last 6 months. The standard bike mount does make it sit rather high and would make it vulnerable of you go arse over but it holds the unit securely. I've also used an exped smart phone pouch which has enough loops to attach it to a harness / revelate pocket setup but it tends to flop around a bit as the exped pouch is quite big. All the other pouches - ortleib etc. - don't have enough attachment points to hold it securely.
Fozzyuk

Post by Fozzyuk »

Thanks all...

and having just discovered that my newly ordered 1:50K UK Garmin SD card doesn't work in the Satmap...anyone got any good sources for maps ;-(
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Only through sat map but they are cheap - £45 for full UK 1:50k