WRT - Thank you

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

WRT - Thank you

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Well, the Shropshire posse have just landed back after 150 miles and all the grid references, so that means the WRT is over for another year. I'd like to thank everyone one who entered and the 142 riders that set off. A big thank you to all the companies that supported us with prizes for the raffle.

Keep Pedalling - Travers Bikes - Greatbritishbikerides.co.uk - AlpKit - Salsa - Roof Scope - Calontan Bushcraft Knife kits - Wildcat Gear

Thanks to the generosity of everyone, the Wales Air Ambulance is now better off to the tune of £2177.54 ... well done everyone.

One last thank you to Dee ... no Dee, no WRT.
May the bridges you burn light your way
welshwhit

Re: WRT - Thank you

Post by welshwhit »

That's a brilliant sum of money for a very worthy cause!

Thanks again to yourself and Dee for organizing the event, a fantastic time was had!

Role on next year!

Drew
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Big thanks to you both for the inspiration, coffee & cake. :-bd

Keep up the mud & rain themed t-shirts. They're having the right effect!
Foel Fadian
Foel Fadian
IMG_20140504_230956_20140505190714439.jpg (96.49 KiB) Viewed 4105 times
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I cannot thank everyone enough for probably the FRIENDLIEST event I've ever done. Loved the banter at the start/finish and out there on the trails. I have completely seen the light and am already staring at maps and shaving the edges off my jetboil to save weight.

Just brilliant.
Dave
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
jay91

Post by jay91 »

Thank you for a good weekend had a brilliant time in lonely harts club :grin:
Trying to ride bikes.
RayKickButts

Post by RayKickButts »

jay91 wrote:Thank you for a good weekend had a brilliant time in lonely harts club :grin:
You know i would have kept you warm Jay :-bd

Enjoyed every minute of it great company and a big thanks to Route master general "Chew"
trio25

Post by trio25 »

Had a great time, thanks for organising it again, same time next year?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

same time next year?
Yep :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
trio25

Post by trio25 »

s8tannorm wrote:
same time next year?
Yep :wink:
Good I'll tell Hannah to book it off work now ;-)
psling

Post by psling »

I'd also like to add my thanks to Stu & Dee for organising a great event (and the weather!). My first WRT and hopefully not my last. Great to meet many of you out on the trail, surprising how the same people keep popping up in various different places despite taking totally different routes. Thanks to trade sponsors too for making me part with my hard-earned! Have to say the Wildcat bar harness worked a treat despite my scepticism about hanging things off the bars; never too old to learn new tricks. Great event, really enjoyed it (although my nether regions may take a day or two to agree :shock: )
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Bigface0_0

Post by Bigface0_0 »

Big Thanks to Stu and Dee for a great event, we managed 100 HARD miles but loved it. I even managed to save a lamb that got stuck in your carpark :-bd
BIKE RACING IS LIKE HAVING A MULLET, BUSINESS UP THE FRONT, PARTY IN THE BACK…!!!
Nick

Post by Nick »

The Shropshire Posse have just landed back in Shropshire, very tired and very smelly, fortunately we didn't have to drive very far, and even better that I didn't have to drive at all (thanks Simon).

As always this was a brilliant event, it was great to see so many people out on the trails, although today was quite quiet as we slowly dragged ourselves over from Llanbister this morning. Can't thank Dee and Stu enough for sorting this out and providing the reason to go out and so utterly exhaust yourself! I know we wouldn't do this without you.

Honourable mention also must go to the cruel bastard who sent us off his private track onto a parallel (10 metres away) almost un-walkable hell on the way up to the Bwlch-y-gle dam on Llyn Clywedog, thanks mate!
Mike

Post by Mike »

A grand weekend yet again and great to see some new faces amongst the crowd! ~O) heres to the next event. Thanks to you both for all your hard work behind the scenes to put on these events, that we the riders dont get to see! Till next time :-H
bookwyse

Post by bookwyse »

Many thanks to all involved in not only my first WRT but also my wife's first bike packing trip.

We were the individuals on the cross bikes and even though we had to abandon the route the lad and I had planned still managed circa seventy hard miles. A real achievement for the wife who's longest ride to date had been 13 miles around Kent!!!

We will be back next year but this time without the road double on the front of my bike, I need a triple!!!!!!!!!!
Matt

Post by Matt »

Thanks to Stu & Dee

Twas Ace!!

Hard work this year, gain height, lose height repeat.

Plenty of Pubs though :-)

(Will aim for a less crumbly Bara next time)
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Thank you
darbeze

Post by darbeze »

Thanks Stu and Dee... Really really enjoyed WRT 2014.

What an excellent adventure.

Si
sillybigfella

Post by sillybigfella »

Illegal raves, dogging, numerous sheep rescues, and the odd bit of biking (and lots of pushing) - what's not to love??
I’ve been abart a bit
Blah

Post by Blah »

Thank you Stu & Dee, loved it. See you next year, if not before.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

I had such a good time. Lots of stories to be recounted, took quite a few pictures, lots of pushing, used every single gear on my bike, lessons learned for next trip, kit refining worked out as planned, lots of random chats and banter

Really enjoyed it
Shalarim

Post by Shalarim »

Thanks Dee and Stu. A great time was had. My first WRT and first time cycling in Wales. Not even the classic welsh "Bridal Path" put me off want to do it again.
jay91

Post by jay91 »

RayKickButts wrote:
jay91 wrote:Thank you for a good weekend had a brilliant time in lonely harts club :grin:
You know i would have kept you warm Jay :-bd

Enjoyed every minute of it great company and a big thanks to Route master general "Chew"
I bet :shock: big thanks to stu,dee and chew for the ride :grin:
Trying to ride bikes.
DPM

Post by DPM »

Hi Stu & Dee

1st time for me too & really loved it. 'Only' did the lite, but still managed to get a fair few Kms in & metres of climbing ticked off. Not sure I want to see a wind farm anytime soon either X_X

Great experience & loved bumping into other WRTers en route. A great couple of days.

mountainbaker

Post by mountainbaker »

Massive thanks again Stu & Dee. Top cake, top banter, and herding the sheep that escaped the car parking field. Great times.

Was a great to ride with Neil, Andy, Nigel and Burt (snorer) then Taylor on the last day too. Vuvuzelas all night long, WTF?
The Boss
Site Admin

Post by The Boss »

flatfishy wrote:Thank you
No sir, tis I who should be thanking you and Chew for your help on Saturday. As they say in these parts ... that was 'tidy parking' from Chew. No flatfishy ... no weigh-in! Also gratitude to fantasticmrsmatt for the bara brith, crumbly or not, there wasn't a crumb left! Alpikit Izzy ... a stunning cake ... as ever :-bd

Wales Air Ambulance phoned us prior to the event to say thanks for our efforts and WRT made their facebook page. We tried to convince them to enter but failed ... maybe next year? I'd like to send them some images for their use in promoting/reporting the WRT so if anyone has any pics they'd like to share, please send to Stu or send the link to where they are (not the dogging or rave ones though)!

Ta
Dee