postal rant

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mike

postal rant

Post by Mike »

So my new bivy has come from the states. I expected to be stung by customs but the royal mail w@^k/^s have put on another £8 handling fee. Really since when? Has anyone else had this on stuff?
Bearbonesnorm

Re: postal rant

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Oh yes ... My bivvy bag incurred an £8 handling charge and £8 VAT, no duty though :roll:

I payed the charge on-line on the Thu and selected Sat delivery ... they delivered it sometime the following week, which may have coincided with them being arsed.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Mike

Post by Mike »

Yes stu. Thats what they r scanking from me! Daylight robbery but I guess ill get my fun from it
firedfromthecircus

Post by firedfromthecircus »

C'mon. You're complaining?

Those shareholders gotta get paid you know!
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Annoying but Royal Mail have to pay your fees up front and hope you don't bail and leave them with a bill. To be honest for someone to look up the fee, pay it and invoice you, chase up payment, process payment, etc £8 doesn't seem so bad.
FLV

Post by FLV »

johnnystorm wrote:Annoying but Royal Mail have to pay your fees up front and hope you don't bail and leave them with a bill. To be honest for someone to look up the fee, pay it and invoice you, chase up payment, process payment, etc £8 doesn't seem so bad.

Overall, the system is currently very good. Not as cheap as it used to be, but pretty good.

I've experienced worse systems
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Sounds about right and standard procedure for all the firms I've bad deliver from the States. TBH I think £8 is at the cheaper end of fees.

As they're dealing with Customs etc on your behalf I think it'd be unrealistic to expect a free service.