lesson learnt the hard way

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

voodoo_simon

lesson learnt the hard way

Post by voodoo_simon »

Using my Salsa anything cages today with a dry bag attached. Seemed secure enough to me, so was happily riding along when the cage became loose and turned a wee bit. Unfortunately, it turned into the wheel :evil:

No prizes for guessing the outcome! My dawn to dusk ride was cut short, my cage had snapped and my chin/lips aren't going to win me a modelling contract :oops:

Guess in future I won't be putting floppy dry bags on the cages next to my front wheel! That's me watching Christmas films for the afternoon now...
Last edited by voodoo_simon on Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slarge

Re: lesson learnt the hard way

Post by slarge »

I've never liked the look of fork mounted cages - the consequences of a bit of vibration induced movement are too great. Healing vibes!
barney

Post by barney »

yikes, very sorry to hear that.

Like you I run an Anywhere cage with a drybag attached plus a normal waterbottle cage on my Mukluk.

Think I'll be looking at alternative options from now on.
Wait for me...
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Not going to use the anything cages any more :( In hindsight, it does seem daft putting such an object near the wheel!

My water bottle cages are secure on the forks and the bottle never moves, but I may rethink that option
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I never had any issues with things in my Anything cages (only the cages themselves) but I never used the standard straps ... I'm sure I've said this before but if you make some QR bungees to hold stuff in with, things remain secure.

Hope you repair quickly. ;)
May the bridges you burn light your way