Solstice ... any plans?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Nick

Re: Solstice ... any plans?

Post by Nick »

Well Slacker and I, plus a few others including Ian of this parish took on the annual dawn till dusk ride, up and over the Long Mynd & Stiperstones, Slacker didn't slack and was the only one to make it to the top of Hope Bowdler in the second hail shower of the day. 35 ish very cold and wet miles.

Glad its over, can concentrate on enjoying Christmas now :)

Cracking route, with some tweaks will be repeated as a Dusk till Dawn on the next solstice.
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

I went out on road bike for 8 hours on Sunday (I was at a gig in London Friday night and was not home).

Cycled up to Monsal Head, Chatsworth, Beeley Moor and some more climbing. Not sure of distance just yet but around 90 miles. Would have done something off-road but I had a bit f family stuff to do broefly in the afternoon and chose to be clean on arrival.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Nick wrote:Well Slacker and I, plus a few others including Ian of this parish took on the annual dawn till dusk ride, up and over the Long Mynd & Stiperstones.
Much harder ride than I expected, notwithstanding choice if bike/gear. Aching in all sorts of places today. We cut the route a bit short after lunch, but enjoyed a cracking descent down Small Batch.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Much harder ride than I expected
It's a bit of a tradition for it to be just a bit too hard to do in the time/energy available, Mick is normally the only one to manage it all.