There 'n back ... DETAILS SENT.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Re: There 'n back ... DETAILS SENT.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Serious question, would you tie the tarp lines to rocks in the dunes?
Serious answer ... there are no rocks.
May the bridges you burn light your way
greenmug

Post by greenmug »

Seeing as how this event is bit more sociable than the more racy ones like BB200, are people planning to peddle together/meet at bivy spots/going it solo?

There might be folk like me who are fairly new to the events/group and if so does anyone want to tag along to a fairly leisurely paced route, taking in a bit of sea air? I have a route in mind that would be about 75 miles all in and include a few Spars, coast, pub but no dogging. If this sounds any good let me know.
Chew

Post by Chew »

Stu - The track which goes up through Cringoed Caravan site. Is that ok to use or off limits?
If not can you get through the forest at 872028. OS says a good track, but it doesn't look passable on google earth.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Stu - The track which goes up through Cringoed Caravan site. Is that ok to use or off limits?
I'd give it a miss as they've been funny on a couple of occasions
If not can you get through the forest at 872028. OS says a good track, but it doesn't look passable on google earth.
Do you mean the BW that continues beyond the tarmac road after Mwyars? If so, then yes it's passable but not rideable. It's the course of an old road so tree lined, sadly there's about the same number of trees on the ground as there are stood ... it's more pushing than carrying / lifting and short lived.
Chew

Post by Chew »

s8tannorm wrote:Do you mean the BW that continues beyond the tarmac road after Mwyars?
That's the one. How about the track that heads south before the farm?
To the top and either a short push across to the forest or continue further south to pick up the bridleway at 866013
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

That's the one. How about the track that heads south before the farm?
I wouldn't as it's a private track located pretty close to the farm.
To the top and either a short push across to the forest or continue further south to pick up the bridleway at 866013
I'd pick that up at 854014 ... use the track rather than the trying to find the secret hidden BW of myth ;)
composite

Post by composite »

So quick question. The bridle way that comes out the forrest at Pant Mawr roughly SH 941 066 doesn't seem to exsist on satellite images. Is it there? Is there a better way to get over to Dolau-ceimion?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

So quick question. The bridle way that comes out the forrest at Pant Mawr roughly SH 941 066 doesn't seem to exsist on satellite images. Is it there?
It is there but don't expect a full on surfaced track as you leave the forest. There's 200yds that seem to vanish but just follow your nose and Glyndwrs way onto the stone track (drop south east) rather than the BW (continue east) and come out at SH961059.
composite

Post by composite »

Thanks. Should be doing this bit in day light so hopefully it should be easy enough.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Seeing as how this event is bit more sociable than the more racy ones like BB200, are people planning to peddle together/meet at bivy spots/going it solo?

There might be folk like me who are fairly new to the events/group and if so does anyone want to tag along to a fairly leisurely paced route, taking in a bit of sea air? I have a route in mind that would be about 75 miles all in and include a few Spars, coast, pub but no dogging. If this sounds any good let me know.
I'm sure you'll bump into someone to tag along with, there's usually a few folk on their own ... however you might get more takers if you do include a spot of dogging in your route ;)
ghettodweller

checking in

Post by ghettodweller »

hi all, just checking in, I'm signed up for T&B (& may even do it!), I ride in Surrey along with MattR & CharlieCres.

Anyone out there 'packing on a Yelli Screamy? (It's great fun to ride but low TT not ideal for storage in the front triangle ... common sense may prevail and I'll switch to my Salsa Selma).

See you next weekend, possibly ...
gairym

Post by gairym »

greenmug wrote:Seeing as how this event is bit more sociable than the more racy ones like BB200, are people planning to peddle together/meet at bivy spots/going it solo?

I asked something similar and am now planning on riding with Taylor/flatfishy and so maybe drop him a PM as I'm sure it's be cool for you to join us (you two can discuss routes and I'll do whatever).
composite

Post by composite »

So mountainbaker, chicken legs, myself and maybe yetiman will be having a couple of drinks and some food in Mach Friday night. Of course anyone is welcome to join us.

Not sure where yet, any suggestions for a pub that does good food?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Not sure where yet, any suggestions for a pub that does good food?
The White Lion's okay ... but seeing as you have a love of pizza Neil, try the homemade pizza place behind the Wynnstay Hotel (walk through the big arch at the side of the hotel) ;)
gairym

Post by gairym »

composite wrote:So mountainbaker, chicken legs, myself and maybe yetiman will be having a couple of drinks and some food in Mach Friday night. Of course anyone is welcome to join us.
I'm up for an ale or two (assuming I make it back to the UK and to Mach in time).
composite

Post by composite »

I'll update here with time and place closer to the day.

Long term weather forecast looks... mixed?
http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/W ... /long.html
Mandicky

Post by Mandicky »

I was planning on riding to Aberystwyth but looking at the news it may have washed away by the end of tonight! The town centre has been evacuated in readiness for the high tide at 21:40. :shock:

I always thought a bivvy on the beach might be fun......
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

We were thinking of stopping at the Black Lion at Derwenlas http://theblacklion-machynlleth.co.uk/#

Anyone know if that's a good choice? It looks like it ought to be possible to find a relatively sheltered and discreet bivy spot not too far away.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

We were thinking of stopping at the Black Lion at Derwenlas
The food at the Black Lion is about the best we've found locally BUT it's kind of more bistro than pub ... so, you'll need to book and I'd mention that you might be a little damp / dirty. I don't think it'll be a problem but it's worth asking ... they're very friendly.
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

Ah, OK, thanks Stu.
gairym

Post by gairym »

The little fellas passport has arrived!!!!!

We'll back in the UK in plenty of time and so it's looking like the final hurdle to my first BB event has been overcome - can't wait.
Matt

Post by Matt »

I notice we've got our traditional "in the sea" grid ref :?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I notice we've got our traditional "in the sea" grid ref
Good job you've not sold your boat then ;)
Matt

Post by Matt »

Do you know it's quite tempting to leave it in in Ynyslas on Friday and Tywyn is then very near ;)
Mattie_H

Post by Mattie_H »

I'm out I'm afraid: a combination of logistical and personal stuff at this end means I can't get away to play in the hills. Gutted — not least because I'm also going to be in the States in the spring and away for the Wildcat 200 and the Welsh Ride Thing. Hope you all have a great time out there!