Saddle set up and knee/groin pain.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Ray Young

Saddle set up and knee/groin pain.

Post by Ray Young »

I started mountain biking again about four years ago after a ten year break due to ill health. After about six months I started to get pain across the tops of both knees (never had it before) which a physio told me was probably an overuse injury from all the high mileage I used to ride. It never got worse but never got better either. Then about three weeks ago I realised that my saddle had about 1cm of unused space at the back so I moved it forward and rode again, still unused space so I moved it forward again and then again. The saddle now sits a good 3.5cm forward of what it was with no gap at the back and the pain I was getting has now almost gone. This could also have something to do with the pressure pain I was getting on long distance rides as I must have been sitting on the nose of the saddle instead of the sit bones of my pelvis, a planned bivi ride in the near future will only tell but here's hoping.
Funny how I've been a cyclist for many years but still managed to get my bike set up so wrong, oh well :? .