2013 Bear Bones - Accident

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

paul

2013 Bear Bones - Accident

Post by paul »

I would just like to update you on the unfortunate and serious accident that Neil Turner was involved in during this year's BB.

The accident happened at approx 04.00 on the A44 @839828. A red Honda Civic travelling at an unbelievably fast speed ploughed into the rear of Neil catapulting him into the air. It is with incredible good fortune that Neil, when admitted to Aberystwyth was found to have 'no-more' (sic) than a fractured vertebra, a number of broken ribs, ligament and soft tissue damage.

The prognosis is good, he has feeling and sensation in all his 'bits' and 'should' make a full recovery in the fullness of time. Today he is being transferred to the spinal unit at Oswestry where his 6/8 weeks of laying flat on his back begins.

No doubt it will come out, but the speed the lady was travelling at, with no chance of avoiding another innocent road user has to be seriously looked at. I just hope the police can be 'bothered' to pursue the case, all too often they consider cycling a vulnerable sport and as such, these things 'happen' so one has to expect it.

As a good friend I'm in constant contact, but not heard from him yet about going for 'Black' again next year and I don't think it would be appropriate to ask him at the moment.
Last edited by paul on Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
mountainbaker

Re: 2013 Bear Bones - Accident

Post by mountainbaker »

Sounds like Neil is very lucky not to have been a lot worse off. My best wishes go out to him for a speedy recovery.
tommid

Post by tommid »

I hope Neil is OK.

We were stopped by the Police not far from here as we came in on Sunday and they told us about the accident, at the time we didn't think it would have been anyone on the BB. I hope that he has a swift recovery.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Healing vibes.
notinabox

Post by notinabox »

speedy recovery.
that Honda has got to have damage that has either been falsely reported to insurance or repaired? someone will get it in, let's hope the word is out for it to be looked out for :(
The noise goes quiet when I'm on my bike :)
composite

Post by composite »

Get well soon Neil.