via pennine BW to the lakes?

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mike

via pennine BW to the lakes?

Post by Mike »

So im off for two weeks now and looking to do something. The Gf lives in the lakes n im in worcestershire so i thought hey ho ill ride to hers. Thinking about using the EWE route from bridgenorth area. I can get there via the canals n some lanes. But then i though i might try the Pennine BW path??
So those who have ridden it, is it a nice trail to ride and which parts can i ride, was looking to get on at the start in deryshire somewhere? Has anyone got the gpx file for the route i can have please this would make it easier going :D
johnnystorm

Re: via pennine BW to the lakes?

Post by johnnystorm »

I'm pretty sure the whole point of the PBW is that you can ride all of it!

Have a look at www.nationaltrail.co.uk for more info. They've also produced print off maps for the Mary Townley loop upwards. Should be enough info to make a .gpx track on bikehike.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

I've got GPX's for the whole lot inc. the MTL.

do you have an email adress I can send them too?
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

To make Ian's life easier I've popped his .GPX files into my Skydrive, if you have trouble downloading give me a nudge and I'll fiddle with the settings....

http://sdrv.ms/1903cx5
Mike

Post by Mike »

Heading out on monday morning ( scotland will have to wait till the weathers better ) gonna hopefully get up to Cannock chase area for the evening.
Anyone know of any good bivy spots around the Chase tucked away. Ridden there lots but never with an over nighter,I know its a big area but bit of local knowledge is always good. After this im then going to use some of the ewe route and some of the PBW to get me into the Lakes hopefully in about 5 days? hmmm.