Boring shoe question

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

MM-on-POINT

Boring shoe question

Post by MM-on-POINT »

I am in the market for a pair of five ten impact 2, my question is what would be best lows or mids,
If you use these shoes what do ones use and why.
Sorry If this is a boring subject.
Happy bank holiday.... :)
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Boring shoe question

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I always used to wear mids (although I've also had lows too) ... however I then started wearing Freeriders because the bonding between the sole and the upper on Impacts always seemed to come unstuck. The Freeriders are stitched rather than glued and I don't destroy them as quickly.

I now spend much of my riding time in certain models of Inov8 footwear (flat sole rather than lugged) and it's proving very good, lightweight, hardwearing and only very slightly less grippy than five tens.

If you ignore my rambling and want to know whether to buy low or mid Impacts then I'd vote for mid ... a little heavier but lots more protection.
May the bridges you burn light your way
MM-on-POINT

Post by MM-on-POINT »

Well stu my problem is I have sent back my five ten campfours because the glued bit at the fornt started peeling back after 3month, so the intention was to go bike specific 5.10s but I am open to suggestions
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

MM-on-POINT

Post by MM-on-POINT »

Looks good, just one last question how do they fare up width wise to a pair if impact lows? I fail on must shoes with width and heel cup.
Thanks OBI WAN ;)
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I take a 10 in everything but went 10.5 with these after hearing they can be snug, there's a bit of extra room if I'm wearing thin socks but pop something a little thicker on and they're perfect. The fact they weigh bugger all really does make a big difference too.
MM-on-POINT

Post by MM-on-POINT »

Thanks.
Can't seem to find a size 9/ 43 any where so I will give it a few days and check again if no luck 5.10 mids it will be
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

My 5/10 impacts split just as Stu said. Shame as I liked them and they looked as though they had loads more life left in them.