Brother cycles Big bro

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

nobbythesheep

Brother cycles Big bro

Post by nobbythesheep »

Thinking of swapping over from my sonder al Camino to one of these ( I know it’d be more of a monster cross) ,does anyone own a Big bro on this forum and if so what are your thoughts ?
Leerowe76

Re: Brother cycles Big bro

Post by Leerowe76 »

Currently own a Big Bro and can honestly say I love it, very versatile bike tbh. I've owned since 2020 and it's been brilliant at covering the miles whether rigid or with the Reba fork I've currently got fitted. Leerowe76 is my Insta should you wanna look at it :lol: , but yeah I would recommend the Big Bro as its brought me 4yrs of good solid and comfy riding locally on the Clwyds or the Lakes/Dales on Jennrides/YD300's and in Wales on various BB events :-bd

Current spec is full XT, Formula Brakes, Hope BB/Headset bearings, Hope Fortus wheelset and pro4 hubs and 2.35 rubber. :-bd
Living On Dreams & Custard Creams
nobbythesheep

Post by nobbythesheep »

Cheers Lee I’ll take a look . I was planning throwing my 11spd 105 groupset on it ( hope rx4 brakes ) and lacing up some wheels to to pro2 evos I’ve currently got on the Camino
Tomwoodbury

Post by Tomwoodbury »

I had one of these before I got my El Mariachi.

Excellent bikes but a little heavy. Geo is v similar to the first gen Surly Ogre which was a phenomenal bikepacking bike.
nobbythesheep

Post by nobbythesheep »

Best start hiding my pennies from the wife unless I can find one second hand
Leerowe76

Post by Leerowe76 »

If your on the WRT this weekend you welcome to test ride up and down Stuarts driveway just to get a feel for the geometry etc :-bd
Living On Dreams & Custard Creams
nobbythesheep

Post by nobbythesheep »

Thank you for the offer but sadly working this weekend ( the joys of been a farmer)
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Crikey, it's a long time since I've posted on here. Long story.

I've an XL Big Bro with both 29 and 27.5+ wheels/tyres that I'll sell. Great bike and it'd be a wrench to part with it, but I'm moving house in July and need to downsize.

If you're 6'2" or so it'll fit

Cheers
Tim
I'm just going outside ...
nobbythesheep

Post by nobbythesheep »

TheBrownDog wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:46 pm Crikey, it's a long time since I've posted on here. Long story.

I've an XL Big Bro with both 29 and 27.5+ wheels/tyres that I'll sell. Great bike and it'd be a wrench to part with it, but I'm moving house in July and need to downsize.

If you're 6'2" or so it'll fit

Cheers
Tim
I’m only 5ft 5 ,I fear it’ll be a tad to big for me but thank you for the offer