Badger Divide - S-N edition.

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Richpips

Badger Divide - S-N edition.

Post by Richpips »

I was lucky enough to spend 4 lovely days up in Scotland riding the Badger Divide this last week. Below some piccies.

Day 1 Glasgow to near Killin.
Day 2 to Loch Ossian
Day 3 to just past Blackburn bothy
Day 4 to Inverness. ( by far the hardest day)

Here's a few pictures, and yes the sun did shine most of every day!

Blackhound

Re: Badger Divide - S-N edition.

Post by Blackhound »

One of the routes on my list. I have ridden a little section near Drumnadroichit and remember the short, steep climbs. My hope is to have a bit longer and ride back down to Edinburgh on another route which I forgotten the name of as I write (need another coffee). Looks like decent weather as well.
jobro

Post by jobro »

Some great images Rich. When I did the N-S version the biggest problem I faced was lack of water in the 25 degrees plus temperatures. Pretty unusual for Scotland! Planning to come back this year for the Cairngorm loop. Outer only!
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Nice pics Rich and you definitely got lucky with that weather. :-bd
One day, you’ll wake up and there won't be any more time to do the thing you always wanted to do. Do it now. – Paolo Coelho
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

:-bd Always a bonus to score a few nice days up there.
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

fatbikephil wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:49 pm :-bd Always a bonus to score a few nice days up there.
Andy who I met en route, said that he'd found lots of useful info on your blog about the HT550 Phil. :-bd
rudedog

Post by rudedog »

Blackhound wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:25 am One of the routes on my list. I have ridden a little section near Drumnadroichit and remember the short, steep climbs. My hope is to have a bit longer and ride back down to Edinburgh on another route which I forgotten the name of as I write (need another coffee). Looks like decent weather as well.

If you wanted to cycle all the way to Edinburgh you could pick up the John Muir way just before Mugdock - we had done that route previously so decided it wasn’t worth the extra mileage. We peeled off at Callander and headed to Dunblane to get the train back to Edinburgh