The Wolf Way

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

faustus

The Wolf Way

Post by faustus »

Seems to be a 'new' route launching from Cycling UK in Suffolk. Don't know much beyond what is on the webpages of Cycling UK and promotional article in the guardian.
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2024 ... ycle-trail
https://www.cyclinguk.org/route/wolf-way

Good to see another route added to the CUK collection, anyone from the area know some of the route, can comments on the trails and locations? Looks like a nice multi-day mixed terrain route :-bd
Boab

Re: The Wolf Way

Post by Boab »

Note that this isn't a year round route, due to the Felixstowe Ferry:
Daily service from May to September, weekends only from Good Friday to 30 April and October. 10:00am – 5.00pm (weather permitting).
EDIT: My first thought after looking at that is they've managed to make various bits nice and convoluted. Plus they've missed out one of the premier cycling cafes in the area, Maglia Rosso at Hawstead Green. Looks like a Wolf Rebellion needs to be ridden though...
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

I saw that this morning over breakfast. I may well give it a try after the Rebellion Way. Noted the ferry comment but I would be likely to do it during drier months anyway.
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

The section between Southwold and Lowestoft could be straightlined through Sotterley and you wouldn't be missing much.

I know a chap who did the section between Bury and Ipswich the other day and it was an utter mud fest so another reason it's not a year round route!
samwise

Post by samwise »

Scud

Post by Scud »

If anyone ever wants a shower, house to sleep in or garden to camp in, or just pub advice re Rebellion Way, i live on the route near Castleacre in Norfolk.