Salsa Cutthroat (large)

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

dnicholls

Salsa Cutthroat (large)

Post by dnicholls »

This is certainly not a "little used, cleaned after every ride" jobby. Its the legendary 2019 Salsa Cutthroat Apex, in large. Its done the full Silk Road twice (minus 100km at the end the first time, don't ask!), and a lot more riding in both UK and Kyrgyzstan. However, this just means that I've spent a fortune replacing parts consistently.

It was originally built by Shona and Rich at Keep Pedalling in 2019 (have included the original spec sheet in the picture album), but I have over time upgraded it. Main changes are adding a super reliable Power2Max power meter, new handlebars (Easton EC90 ALX), and a top-of-the-range front suspension fork (Rockshox SID ultimate, which I haven't used since it was serviced post Silk Road 2022). Most recently (i.e. last year) I had some new wheels built by Hands on Wheels in London (DT Swiss EX471). I also am running a waxed chain if that's your thing and can throw in a spare or two!

Photos are here ----> https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipM ... 1FTUFSYWhn

In terms of price, my preference would be to sell the entire shabang in one go, i.e. full bikepacking bicycle with all bags (see my "racing pictures"), dynamo, massive light and both rigid and suspension forks - I run rigid for gravel racing / general riding and throw on the squishy fork for bikepack racing. Just the bike alone second hand on ebay is around GBP 2k, so would consider GBP 3k for everything. Total cost to replicate this set up new would be at least GBP 8k, probably a lot more nowadays!

However, drop me a message am happy to discuss / send more pics etc, am keen that this bike carries on adventuring! Obviously its better if you see it - I'm in South West London, though I can do video calls / post it if you fancy.