PSA - for the constantly in training people!

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

PSA - for the constantly in training people!

Post by redefined_cycles »

Thought this might help a few here. Talks about the psoas muscle and the Dr (physio) is very good at her teaching points. Probably explains why pilates helps alot of us and why I was off sick/sciatica for over 5 months after last Decembers ride.

Cold water therapy is mentioned and how to get optimal benefits and also the importance of not overtraining. I enjoyed it alot and with those on the ultra rides it probably benefits more than the uktra runners (maybe, dunno).

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4W4PwG ... bM0OeBfk-Q

Hope someone enjoys as much as me. Jason Fitzgerald is an excellent interviewer and regularly has 'the cream of the crop' on his show.
Hyppy

Re: PSA - for the constantly in training people!

Post by Hyppy »

Shaff, a blatant plug for a book 'Mrs Hyppy' commissioned/published but this may be of interest: https://www.adventurebooks.com/products/the-cold-fix (Also on AMZ obv. but better for all concerned, save for Bezos, buying direct!)
redefined_cycles

Thanks Hyppy. I think my maximum immersion is a cold shower for a few mins. But, according to Dr Lara Johnson even though she'd used ice baths during her professional/semi pro days, the new info seems to state that it's a bit of both.

Some areas of the body, the inflammation is good and helps the muscles get stronger. But others (like the psoas muscle) are better to have intermittent ice packs both sides. Apparently helps with the nervous system and signal firing. Hope the book does well :-bd
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyppy

Post by Hyppy »

redefined_cycles wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:32 pm I think my maximum immersion is a copd shower for a few mins.
My almost 80 y/o mother gets annoyed with herself if she's in the shower long enough for the hot water to reach the showerhead. I've no idea if this makes her quicker on her omafiets, mind. :lol:
redefined_cycles

:lol: