Pat Adams RIP

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

godivatrailrider

Pat Adams RIP

Post by godivatrailrider »

Sad to see Pat Adams has slipped off this mortal coil.
Never saw him exactly looking healthy, but do appreciate his efforts running Mountain Mayhem and taking the the time to shake hands with every finisher crossing the line.

https://singletrackworld.com/2024/02/pa ... s-left-us/
Dave Barter

Re: Pat Adams RIP

Post by Dave Barter »

Very sad, a great guy instrumental in the growth of UK 24 hour racing
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Mart

Post by Mart »

Met him at thunder run, catton park. Nice guy
2924 miles per Gallon
slarge

Post by slarge »

That's really sad news. Used to love the events he organised
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

There was always a great buzz around the 24 hour races and that was down to Pat and crew. I felt the UK mtb scene really lost something when that light went out. RIP.
May the bridges you burn light your way
jameso

Post by jameso »

Was sad to read this. He was a such a good guy. I never really got into the 24hr laps thing but had many good weekends riding or working at his events. Doing a few night laps while working on a stand there or being part of an underperforming team, they were MTB festival weekends of the best sort. I think long distance racing here owes so much to Pat's efforts. It feels like it was what came before self supported racing, it was made us think beyond day rides. I watched ride the divide on the Alpkit stand's big screen that year and got an itch.
Thanks Pat.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Wow, agree with a lot of the thoughts above. It was these events whilst uni that really got me into riding, I've done mountain mayhem many times in most team formats and there was just a great buzz at the events, I'm still using some of the event banners round the place for various things! I don't think I realised quite how instrumental to the whole MTB scene he was, but it really feels the end of an era, an era that was a big part of my life. As my life has moved on, I blinked and missed how much MTB has changed, life really is what happens when you have other plans.