Looong Saddles?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

FLV

Looong Saddles?

Post by FLV »

Has anyone particularly looked at longer saddles?

My absolute favourite is a Chromag Trailmaster, which are hard to get in the UK. I have also seen that brooks cambium is almost as long, I had a C15 in the past and didn't get on with it but someone suggested a C17 carved may work more comparably to a normal padded 142 or 145 / medium width.

Others I have used in the past but are not the shape I currently want, Ergon SM, WTB Volt, SDG Bel Air. I have obviously been cycling a long time but my needs change over time.

So... thats the question. Anyone spent time looking at saddle dimensions to save me some googling time?
PaulE

Re: Looong Saddles?

Post by PaulE »

I've a Fizik Arione on my road bike, and it's longer than average. A lot of that is towards the rear of the saddle though, not sure if that's what you are after?
FLV

Post by FLV »

I'll certainly have a look at it

Cheers
jameso

Post by jameso »

Arione's a great saddle on a road bike. It's quite flat from the side profile Vs the Volt/Bel Air/Spoon s-curve profile.

280~285mm seems to be the average length for a saddle that's not a short-nose design.

The On-One Big Nose was a version of the Chromag shape and I expect that was from Velo or DDK etc in Asia.
FLV

Post by FLV »

I'll be putting it on an MTB, I don't have a road bike anymore as I just cant get on with the ergo's in my old age :lol:

Have in the mean time discovered Fabric Scoops are quite long, relatively.
jameso

Post by jameso »

Scoop's pretty average length I'd say? I have the Scoop Flat on a couple of bikes, it's great, a very flexible base. Std Scoop is more like the Bel Air / Volt shape.
Hyppy

Post by Hyppy »

I've had a Selle Anatomica in the past which felt real long. Their specs tell me they're 290mm long so 7mm longer than a C17 if that means anything https://selleanatomica.com