The magic roundabout ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

godivatrailrider

Re: The magic roundabout ...

Post by godivatrailrider »

jameso wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:44 pm
The SON 150 mm hub, suitable for Jones' Truss has a wider flange than the 135 mm option. No funky spacing needed for the rotor, unless the Truss is even more funky.
Mine's the older 135 spec truss so the SON is a spaced standard body (not sure whether it's F or R disc spacing). It'd work but I'm fussy and I don't like the idea/look of the extended axles, though I'm sure it'd be ok - SON do things well. Plus I tend to ride slower and take more breaks in pubs + cafes when riding that bike so a battery pack is fine.
tbh I can get by on a pretty small Anker battery pack for 2-3 days.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

This has got me thinking of a plan I had a year ago to build another set of wheels for the Jones to take a set of wide gravel-ish tyres, in order to do the GB divide or even the TD (both plans currently in abeyance) - I even got a good set of SH wheels which just needs a 150 hub for the front. Think I might do the wheels anyway and then think of something to use them for!

That said I'm usually quite happy road riding on the 3" XR2s given my low SS gear.
jameso

Post by jameso »

The hubs's not the problem on the 135 mm version. It's them snappy, bendy, wiggle-loosy M5 QR skewers.
Ha... Just a matter of time eh.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Came across another pinion ‘readers bike’ last night, the more I see them, the more I like them
https://bikepacking.com/news/readers-ri ... ore-gt-ii/
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

Well, for all the talk of pinion, electric shifting and Ti… I’ve resolved my magic roundabout….. I’ve bought another Jones 👍

I can leave my original SWB as SS … I now have 1x11 LWB Plus
Spaceframe with Truss fork.
I’ve always loved the original one, so this addition should fill a gaping hole left by the theft of my Scandal 4 years ago … a 29er.
It’s cost 2/5 the price of the Broken Road so there’s even some wriggle room if I need to spend anything on it, like a Thomson seat post or whatever.
And it even came with the Jones branded Revelate fork bags & framebag .

So, thank you all for the advice 👍
FLV

Post by FLV »

godivatrailrider wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:47 am Well, for all the talk of pinion, electric shifting and Ti… I’ve resolved my magic roundabout….. I’ve bought another Jones 👍

I can leave my original SWB as SS … I now have 1x11 LWB Plus
I’ve always loved the original one, so this addition should fill a gaping hole left by the theft of my Scandal 4 years ago … a 29er.
It’s cost 2/5 the price of the Broken Road so there’s even some wriggle room if I need to spend anything on it, like a Thomson seat post or whatever.
And it even came with the Jones branded Revelate fork bags & framebag .

So, thank you all for the advice 👍
Good times, enjoy the new bike :-bd
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

:-bd
jameso

Post by jameso »

I now have 1x11 LWB Plus
Nice! Enjoy. I got a demo ride on a LWB a while back and loved it. An itch I'll need to scratch at some point.