UK stamps for overseas users

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

whitestone

UK stamps for overseas users

Post by whitestone »

A bit of an odd one and my google-fu seems to be lacking...

Is it possible for someone living outside the UK to purchase stamps that can be used here to send an item back to them? Specifically the return envelope should arrive here with the postage already affixed so no "here's €2 for postage" or similar that means we'd have to purchase UK stamps and attach them ourselves. I know that the various postal services agree to act as carriers for non-domestic sourced mail but as far as I'm away someone in France can't affix €2 of French stamps and expect Royal Mail to accept that and send the item from here to France in the same way I couldn't take a letter with Royal Mail stamps and post it to the UK when in France.

Royal Mail have this https://www.royalmail.com/sending/inter ... l-standard for pricing but it's all for UK sourced purchase and posting.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Bearbonesnorm

Re: UK stamps for overseas users

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Could it not just be done on-line Bob? Person in France buys postage for UK to France on-line, prints label and attaches it to envelope or whatever. Packages envelope and posts that from France to the UK. You put 500g of crack into envelope and drop it off at the post office.

Sorry if I misunderstand.
May the bridges you burn light your way
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:16 pm Could it not just be done on-line Bob? Person in France buys postage for UK to France on-line, prints label and attaches it to envelope or whatever. Packages envelope and posts that from France to the UK. You put 500g of crack into envelope and drop it off at the post office.

Sorry if I misunderstand.
No, I think you've got it. It's the "prints label" bit that my searches have failed to find. The results I've turned up just assume that you are someone *in the UK* wanting to send something abroad so you just get offered "stamps" rather than a label or similar that RM would accept.

Basically what I'm after is Joe(sephine) Bloggs gets an A4 envelope, puts their name and address on it, affixes postage to the required value on it, folds the envelope, puts it in another envelope and sends it to us. We take the A4 envelope, put their certificate in it and post it back to them.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

May the bridges you burn light your way
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:28 pm This Bob? https://send.royalmail.com/
That looks the ticket, ta. That site never appeared in the results of my searches.