Winter Bivvy?

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Al

Re: Winter Bivvy?

Post by Al »

Zippy wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:58 pm
Boab wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:18 pm
Zippy wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:27 pm I appear to be tied up 16-17 now, can probs still make next weekend.

There's some shelters (3 sides and a roof, but concrete floor) in Thetford Forest (you can see it from the red route), and indeed in their playground areas you could probs camp down somewhere. Could almost ride round during the day, spot some shelters, go to pub and then head to them after the pub...
I haven't really got time this week to plan much though :-|

I'm happy to tag along any other ideas too.
I canny do the weekend of the 16th/17th anyway, got to pick son up form Uni. I did think High Lodge might yield a suitable spot, so why not...
What bike are you thinking Boab? I can either go gravel or MTB...26er rigid is perfect for the Thetford traisl IMHO but gravel does get round fine.

Could meet lunchtime-ish at High Lodge - blatz round the trails/playground eyeing up somewhere to sleep, then pedal off to a pub in Thetford/Brandon or further afield (sorry, no local knowledg on these!), make more plans as we go/in the pub?

I know here: https://maps.app.goo.gl/hAv8nGFjGZC3UQXw9 is good for breakfast though!

Sound good?
I've bivvied at high lodge a couple of times - once in one of the tipis and once in a giant wooden rabbit :lol:
Boab

Post by Boab »

Boab wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:29 pm Well, I'm currently off work with whatever lurgy put pay to my BAM run, and generally still feeling like poor show. Not sure cycling in the rain this weekend would be the best plan health wise. 😞
If I some how magically improve before then, I'll let you know...
Well... Throat still sore, glands still up, much fatigue. So no riding bikes for me this weekend. 😞
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Speedy recovery Boab.
Al wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:04 pm
I've bivvied at high lodge a couple of times - once in one of the tipis and once in a giant wooden rabbit :lol:
:lol: Brilliant. I might have a go at that myself. :smile:
Rapideye

Post by Rapideye »

Maybe we can come back to an East meet up in the New Year? Not quite sure how cold I'm willing to camp out in but with a little notice and planning I'd still be up for it.