Thank you.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Thank you.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

A large thank and an even bigger well done you to all who came and rode the BB200/300 this weekend and last.

It was perhaps the hardest route we've had in the 13 years and conditions this weekend only added extra difficulties to that. There were some truly remarkable performances and finishing is an achievement anyone should be very proud of. It will have undoubtedly broken some in the short term but in the long term it will also have 'made' others ... as someone said yesterday, "The BB200 ain't no fluffy gravel ride".

I'd also like to thank Dee for all the time and effort she puts into keeping all the inhabitants of Fraggle Rock in order and not just over the course of the BB200 but the entire year. None of this happens without her.

Once again, well done!
May the bridges you burn light your way
fatbikephil

Re: Thank you.

Post by fatbikephil »

Cheers Stu, you set 'em and we'll ride 'em!
Still got a bit of shell shock about it all tbh, every time I see a puddle I curl up in a ball and start whimpering....
Hyppy

Post by Hyppy »

No, thank you Dee and Stu.

This was my first Bear Bones event and I loved/hated it just as I hoped I would. The whole event was ace, and a manifestation of these very forums with equal measure support, mickey-taking, or often both at the same time!
slarge

Post by slarge »

As ever, thank you both for the effort you put in to the events and efforts you put in to keep BearBones running. It is a great place to be and a welcome relief from life's other pressures.
And this year the BB200 was quite hard!
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Yes, thanks Dee and Stu.

The thing I like most about BB200s is that they feel crafted. They're not routes that are just thrown togther to make 200/300km and as a consequence, even though they are a challenge, they are not a slog because they aren't boring.
Even when you're faced with a Good Grief! What Now? You still feel like it has been considered before inclusion in the route.

I do wonder whether the BB200/300 is featured on some S&M website though. Perhaps we will see a rider who eschews the lycra for latex next year.
Boab

Post by Boab »

Thanks Dee and Stu! Still catching myself staring blankly into space for fifteen minutes wondering what the hell... 🥴
I'll call it early, sign me up for the BB300 next year.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Big thanks to both of you and great to see and chat with with you as always. :grin:

One of the toughest routes but also one of the best I think - it's probaly the one that will live the longest in the memory and maybe that's the most important thing.