Winter Jennride

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Johnallan

Re: Winter Jennride

Post by Johnallan »

I've also booked the campsite but might have to sleep on the outside of the wall. BaM rulez innit
riderdown

Post by riderdown »

I've also booked the campsite but might have to sleep on the outside of the wall. BaM rulez innit
Bollox, I'll need to find another Feb opportunity
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

riderdown wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:57 am
Bollox, I'll need to find another Feb opportunity
I was thinking of bivvying next Staveley on Friday night, partly for this reason (and partly because I need somewhere to sleep anyway).

Booked the campsite for Sat night.
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

Not sure I'm welcoming this mid range forecast:
Bitter weather conditions will spread from the north of Scotland to the south of England, with 10cm of snowfall per hour forecast for Saturday, February 10. The Met Office also suggests snowfall during this period in its long-range forecast, saying there will be a "greater likelihood of wintry conditions" around this time. The forecaster also predicts a "northwest to southeast" split in conditions and northerly winds
Johnallan

Post by Johnallan »

I'd take this forecast over the constant rain and gales of recent weeks!
ton

Post by ton »

british weather conditions are now something i no long worry about................. :wink:
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

ton wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:19 pm british weather conditions are now something i no long worry about................. :wink:
How was it? Chilly?
ton

Post by ton »

How was it? Chilly?
not on race day, only about -5 but once above the tree line in the strong wind it was pretty bad, colder than anything i have ever been in.
Stinginglip

Post by Stinginglip »

boxelder wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:36 pm Not sure I'm welcoming this mid range forecast:
Bitter weather conditions will spread from the north of Scotland to the south of England, with 10cm of snowfall per hour forecast for Saturday, February 10. The Met Office also suggests snowfall during this period in its long-range forecast, saying there will be a "greater likelihood of wintry conditions" around this time. The forecaster also predicts a "northwest to southeast" split in conditions and northerly winds
Sounds good..putting the winter in Winter Jennride :lol:
Stinginglip

Post by Stinginglip »

Johnallan wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:14 pm I've also booked the campsite but might have to sleep on the outside of the wall. BaM rulez innit
I'm guessing you've not read/seen Game of Thrones mate..you might have some fun sleeping outside the wall :shock: :-bd
ton

Post by ton »

if any of you bammers are planning not using the campsite, can i have you place, as it is now full.
if not, i will sleep in the bus shelter on the entry to the Dungeon Ghyll. :-bd
Holgateeng

Post by Holgateeng »

I have a camping spot booked and won't be using it , torn a muscle in my shoulder :cry: booked under John Sedgwick :-bd
ton

Post by ton »

I have a camping spot booked and won't be using it , torn a muscle in my shoulder :cry: booked under John Sedgwick :-bd
fantastic that mate. can i be you for the night............. :-bd
Holgateeng

Post by Holgateeng »

Yep Help yourself , I'll think of you while I'm tucked up in my nice warm bed :lol:
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Any BAMers, or anyone else, want to join for a Friday night bivvy near Staveley after sampling the brewery's wares? I was thinking of somewhere nearby, maybe Craggy Wood, but having seen the route, might just start early and head up to Kentmere reservoir.
ton

Post by ton »

Any BAMers, or anyone else, want to join for a Friday night bivvy near Staveley after sampling the brewery's wares?
i shall bivvy in the back of the car after a few beers on friday night. :-bd
Hyppy

Post by Hyppy »

I was out riding around Kentmere last night and you'll be pleased to know that the trails are drying out nicel … oh, who am I kidding: Don't forget your mudguards!
ton wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:15 am
Any BAMers, or anyone else, want to join for a Friday night bivvy near Staveley after sampling the brewery's wares?
i shall bivvy in the back of the car after a few beers on friday night. :-bd
Same here.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

That's probably what I'd be doing had I not got dragged into this BAM thing... Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing!
Hyppy wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:26 am Don't forget your mudguards!
:lol: Never off the bikes!
riderdown

Post by riderdown »

oh, who am I kidding: Don't forget your mudguards!
Yellow warning for rain from the Met Office

At least it's not a warning of yellow rain
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

riderdown wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:12 pm
oh, who am I kidding: Don't forget your mudguards!
Yellow warning for rain from the Met Office

At least it's not a warning of yellow rain
Looks like the heavier rain will be in the evening/night and then ease off again for Sunday. It's very mild though, so lighter bag and less warm clothing has made packing easier.
Johnallan

Post by Johnallan »

It certainly looks set to be a wet Saturday night! And most likely a couple of wet days. Not really how I envisioned a 'Winter Jennride', but looking forward to it non-the-less.

Just need to work out what to take :grin:
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

It's my fault, I got excited about spring and packed the fun bike due to needing less carrying capacity, and even put my "summer" wheels on :shock: (well-worn Rocket Ron for the long road bits).

Bloody lovely here in the north east today. Shame I've spent most of it in the garage fettling and packing :roll: The yellow warning for rain covers here till Sunday night too, despite there being <5% chance of rain all day Sunday, and only a bit overnight Saturday.

Better hit the road - hope to see some of you at the brewery.
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

I should be there 8 to 8.30.
Hyppy

Post by Hyppy »

boxelder wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:05 pm
I was in an orange jacket with a Kendal CC logo on the back.
Should be asking on the WJ thread, but was it you riding with Jamie Hyppy?
Moving conversation from the BAM thread: Nah, I rode solo. I saw Jamie early on in Ambleside then in the ODG in the evening, but not Sunday.
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

Hyppy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:16 pm
boxelder wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:05 pm
I was in an orange jacket with a Kendal CC logo on the back.
Should be asking on the WJ thread, but was it you riding with Jamie Hyppy?
Moving conversation from the BAM thread: Nah, I rode solo. I saw Jamie early on in Ambleside then in the ODG in the evening, but not Sunday.
Ah, so maybe it was you on a blue bike with flared drops, that arrived just after me and Dave at the toilet block at Swirls car park, before the GPX feck up/Interesting steep forest singletrack, and then passed us shortly afterwards?