Washing.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

frogatthefarriers

Washing.

Post by frogatthefarriers »

A new one for me - I've just had to learn how to use an automatic launderette in Salamanca. hope my T-shirt doesn't end up like the merino one Mrs Frog shrunk down to kiddy size
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
pistonbroke

Re: Washing.

Post by pistonbroke »

The Plaça Major is Salamanca is a must see, one of the finest in Spain.
It seems to have suddenly gone chilly in the evenings although it may be different in the centre of the landmass where you are. How are you finding the riding?
frogatthefarriers

pistonbroke wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:48 pm The Plaça Major is Salamanca is a must see, one of the finest in Spain.
You're telling me! I stood in the middle, absolutely gobsmacked. I'm staying in Salamanca today, for a rest and to do some sightseeing. Fair play, Spain has some beautiful places to see.
pistonbroke wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:48 pm It seems to have suddenly gone chilly in the evenings although it may be different in the centre of the landmass where you are. How are you finding the riding?
It's easier than Wales, for sure. A lot of my Camino is easy riding -well surfaced farm roads so far. I've ridden 340 miles so far, with only about 23000ft of ascent. If it was Midwales, it would be double that I'm sure. The TCW has 12000ft in just 100 miles.

I seem to have "gear-changers thumb". I'm thinking I've trapped a nerve somewhere. Motor control is down in that hand to the extent I'm having trouble eg. turning keys and writing.

It's very hot in the day but cycling creates it's own draught and while I'm moving I'm ok. 'S very different as soon as you stop though.

I've camped a couple of nights, once in Merida in the aqueduct park and once near the Roman arch in Cåparra. The first night it was hot when I went to bed, so only in the silk liner that had been OK up until then but I had to dig the quilt out in the night. At Càparra I took no chances. Just as well - there was condensation on the inside of the Gatewood in the morning.

So now, breakfast, sightseeing and then trying to find a nice little gift for Mrs Frog.

Anyway, the Adventure Before Dementia continues... :-bd

Oh!, and the 'arris is holding out well. Decathlons "anti-friction cream" is doing the trick. :-bd
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Sounds like a great trip, hope it continues :-bd
Rasta

Post by Rasta »

I love Salamanca.
Stopped by on a couple of cycle trips and also spent a few weeks living with Spanish families whilst learning Spanish. I can now say ¡Hola!
RIP

Post by RIP »

Can see you from here Frog. How's it been going recently mate?
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

Buen Camino.
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
frogatthefarriers

Mariner wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:40 amBuen Camino.

Thanks. It's going ok, but not without self-inflicted problems.

I've lost a pair of cycling glasses, sun glasses, reading glasses, two eye masks and particularly testing this, a down hoodie. Testing because I thought I'd left it at a bivvy and cycled back 26 miles to get it to not find it. That's 52 wasted miles. I only managed to progress along the route a mere 13 miles that day after cycling 65.