Pump question?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Rasta

Pump question?

Post by Rasta »

I have a Topeak Mountain Morph. 35cm. 250g.
It's big and heavy but works on tubeless setups.

Topeak do the Mountain DA. 1/2 the weight and 13cm shorter.

Has anyone tried the DA with seating a tubless tyre?

Has anyone tried both and has an opinion?

Cheers.
redefined_cycles

Re: Pump question?

Post by redefined_cycles »

Not about the one you've linked to specifically Rasta. But I have the Mountain Morph with foot support for the mtb and the road version of the dual action (I think maybe an earlier iteration from last year or the year before) version of a Pocket Rocket for the road bike.

The Dual Action is a right chore to pump the mtb tyres (obviously not built for higher volumes maybe) and even pumping the road tyres to just over 60psi, you end up working up a sweat or at least get out of breath.

The Mountain Morph on the other hand is a pleasure to use. A few pumps and you're done. I've pumped a tubeless tyre with it as long as the bead is tight - can't say otherwise for a fresh tubeless setup but it works very well...

Hope that helps... I hate using the pocket rocket DA..
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

C02 cannister for re seating is my approach
Not sure of weight , never weighed it
I use the lezyne mini floor one for the 29+ tyres as a mini pump would take days to pump that up.
Rasta

Post by Rasta »

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realise that double action (DA) would make pumping more awkward. The size and weight savings may be worth it though. The Mountain Morph with hose and foot is a bit of a beast. But agree that it is good.