Bike musings sonder camino vs colibri vs onone freeranger

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

firestarter

Bike musings sonder camino vs colibri vs onone freeranger

Post by firestarter »

Hi all started riding again and getting back into it going out with the local road club I currently use my px london road with 35mm slicks and same bike with 40mm nanos for the off road rides we do, I have an mtb but hardly touched it tbh in ages
So I figured a new shiny road bike would be nice than I start drifting to wider tyres to do a bit of on amd off but then figured we'll that's my London road so do I want an out and out road bike, so rambling on is the colobri that much more a road bike than the camino or the London road for that matter and would a lightweight cx like the freeranger be the best of both faster on road but still able to go off, or do I just get a giant defy 🤣 apologies for rambling on
Oh and it electronic shifting all its cracked up to be , I love my sram rival 22 so would probably try get sram axs
Cheers
voodoo_simon

Re: Bike musings sonder camino vs colibri vs onone freeranger

Post by voodoo_simon »

Can’t comment on the actual bikes but I didn’t like Planet X a few years back, terrible service received in three (small orders) and avoided them like the plague.

Speaking of the plague, they were one of the few shops to have a certain sized inner tube in during Covid, so put my principles to one side and ordered them. Turned up all fine, as did another package later on :-bd

This year I ordered a bike from them (Titus if it makes a difference) and well, if I’m being honest, it was one of the easiest bike orders I’ve done. Smooth from start to finish and well setup, no issues etc. Was impressed :-bd
pete68

Post by pete68 »

I know a few people with Freerangers and all like them. I've found planet x pretty good to deal with tbh. Bit me and the wife bought titus mtbs from them. Turned up when they said, no drama. If I was looking for a gravel bike the freeranger would be on my list for sure
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

I had a Camino and found the toe-overlap unbearable. Plenty of other people manage fine so maybe it was me and my set-up, though I didn't have the issue on either a Singular Gryphon or ...

.. the Titus Goldrush I replaced in with.

I fell lucky with PX pricing and offers but at the time got the Titus as a decent spec fully built bike for a price very similar to that of a Ti camino with carbon forks. Whether that's still the case :???:

I have no idea about road stuff or owt else you asked :oops:

Edit: that price comparison was full bike to only a frame&fork :cool:
Last edited by Cheeky Monkey on Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

it electronic shifting all its cracked up to be ,
Everyone i know with it loves it , and no one has gone back, but never tried myself.
do I want an out and out road bike
carbon warbird user and put some skinny tyres on it and it is a road bike. You may get enough mileage out of a road bike to justify.
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

Cheers all
I'd have loved one of those warroads that were knocking about last year but didn't have the cash
Still pondering as I like riding with my club but I like being able to do the offroad rides on the same bike albeit with swapping the wheels
My London road is my do it all why do I need another? New shiny lol
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

If you want to ever head off road then the Camino is great. It’s very very capable off road as well as being able to humble roadies with easy.

I have di2 in a road bike and it’s great. The only concern with it is that it can be expensive if damaged, I would love it on a next gen Camino, but to be honest I have found the sram 1x11 rival to be so good I most likely wouldn’t bother.

If you want a 2x road bike yes but most road/off road bikes these days are 1x12 and modern 1x generally shift so nicely you don’t really need it. It is handy though if you like data, being able to view heat used along with he, cadence, power etc on climbs is handy for analysis.