Alone

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Dave Barter

Alone

Post by Dave Barter »

I know most of you are off-grid no telly types .. but has anyone caught the first few episodes of Alone?

I've found it quite refreshing as it really does show the challenge of wilderness survival and hasn't over-hyped the contestants too much. I especially liked the lady who made her own fishing nets and the bloke eating squirrel eyes (you'll have to watch it now won't you). Must admit I'm a little cynical that it is all self-filmed but anyone who has camped in a northern American woods will recognise the bear fear.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
JohnClimber

Re: Alone

Post by JohnClimber »

Not seen it.

Is this the one on Amazon and if so which "season" are you watching?
Season 10 looks to be the latest
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Nope. Channel 4 new series (UK)
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Grauniad was a bit sniffy in their review of it (contrasting the skilled US participants in their local series with the unskilled/ "townies" of the UK version). Like any opinion piece and the G especially (maybe) a pinch of salt is always worthwhile :cool:
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Not seen the uk version yet but I've seen loads of the US version and a few episodes of the Aussie version.
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

Just watched the first two episodes. Finding food in that area looks quite challenging.
riderdown

Post by riderdown »

Just watched the first two episodes. Finding food in that area looks quite challenging.
In part explains why not many people live there...
Hyppy

Post by Hyppy »

It's got potential thus far. It certainly does seem fo' real and not set up for drama, like that team-based US one a little while back.

The fishing net was a thing of beauty. The squirrels eyes not quite so. And spoiler: The cocky bloke swinging an axe into his leg was kinda funny.