A full size ultralight packraft

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

JohnClimber

A full size ultralight packraft

Post by JohnClimber »

At last a full sized packraft built for longer days on the water with a low price tag from the high quality MRS company

https://paqualife.co.uk/shop/ols/produc ... H-WTH-TZP1

White is the lightest boat colour but it's very marmite (love or hate it) but the green weighs a fraction heavier if white isn't your thing.

Please note for the in experienced paddler this is not designed for carrying a bike on the front

I like how the seat is more forward to keep the boat more level in the water, when you sit at the back you need a heavier loads up front to level other packrafts.
So, a bag up front and tent gear behind you it's a real winner.

At £670 it's a brilliant one for the on the foot adventurer that's for sure.
Last edited by JohnClimber on Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheeky Monkey

Re: A full size ultralight packraft

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

White :lol: :lol: Still, eye of the beholder and all that.

210 floor makes me twitchy given most use 420 or 840. Recent experience with the Anfibio has made me nervous and that was 410, I think. IIRC the latest 2k has an uprated floor of 840. The 2k also has a deck, which you know I'm a fan of, which at least keeps the paddler drier in a touring situation and is probably piping the MRS in weight-stakes. You're not wrong about seating position being a "thing". I wonder if suspending the seat in the 2k might help, apparently there's a bit of an anchor effect where your bum pushes down the raft base. Current raft by comparison is a bit easier going (but weighter as built for WW).

Bagsy first refusal on one of the Norserafts when you succumb to gear lust and have to make some funds for a new MRS :wink:
rudedog

Post by rudedog »

White is lighter
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

It'll look fine once you are on the watter. Plus there is something to be said for having a raft that is fairly visible...
Good value for the weight - I was heading for an MRS raft before John sold me his!
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

rudedog wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:58 pm White is lighter
That's what I meant, I've edited to make it clear
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

fatbikephil wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:13 pm It'll look fine once you are on the watter. Plus there is something to be said for having a raft that is fairly visible...
Good value for the weight - I was heading for an MRS raft before John sold me his!
Alpacka is the one that every packraft company looks to as the number 1 in quality
MRS are number 2 for sure