Your dream gadget / component ideas.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

highandwild

Your dream gadget / component ideas.

Post by highandwild »

What would be you dream bike gadget / component? There is a lot of stuff out there, some of it good, some not so. But what would you like to see be available or of items that exist already, what would you like to see be improved upon? If an idea of yours looks good then maybe we can get it manufactured.
Ben98

Re: Your dream gadget / component ideas.

Post by Ben98 »

A 1.1/8" straight steerer Lauf fork would be an instant buy for me, almost regardless of the price, but alas, it looks like I'll have to settle for finding a frame builder to replace my head tube instead.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Puffer style jacket with removal arms so that you can use the arms* for socks when you sleep and still have core warmth from the top

* my feet certainly fit in the arms [ drawstring closure as well] but i lack the skills to MYOG

Bike wise someone to take the industry into a room and make them all agree on standards for every component and be made to make them all interchangeable - even different pull ratios on shifters/mechs
jameso

Post by jameso »

Lazarus wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:41 pm Puffer style jacket with removal arms so that you can use the arms* for socks when you sleep and still have core warmth from the top
I've wanted a zip-off or velcro removable arm primaloft jacket with a reversible core (hiviz and drab) for ages.
Bike wise someone to take the industry into a room and make them all agree on standards for every component and be made to make them all interchangeable - even different pull ratios on shifters/mechs
Hmm yes, good luck with that one ;)
jameso

Post by jameso »

It might exist but I'd like a suspension dropper post for gravel bikes. Base it on DT's inverted design so it works with bags, have a 20mm or so bumper suspension setting for off road comfort and a 50-80mm sort of drop for better handling Vs road pedal height. Spring and bushes simplicity so it's reliable enough to take on a trip. Under 450g ish please.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

jameso wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:15 pm It might exist but I'd like a suspension dropper post for gravel bikes. Base it on DT's inverted design so it works with bags, have a 20mm or so bumper suspension setting for off road comfort and a 50-80mm sort of drop for better handling Vs road pedal height. Spring and bushes simplicity so it's reliable enough to take on a trip. Under 450g ish please.
I've thought of this too. Doubt it'll ever come into fruition, especially at 450g and... reliability would be a bit of an issue, right!? :grin:
jameso

Post by jameso »

^ yeah it's a bit of an optimistic dream component esp if it was to have rigid/suspension/drop settings. And telescopic suspension posts always gave me knee pains anyway.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

I have some paramo Torres arms which combo up with any gilet

Not sure if they’re still made?
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

A tussock radar that could spot those ones that lurk in amongst the others but are solid and tend to bring you to a resounding halt.

More sensibly, a 3 speed hub gear that is well sealed and doesn't weigh 1.5kgs.
jameso

Post by jameso »

fatbikephil wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:24 pm More sensibly, a 3 speed hub gear that is well sealed and doesn't weigh 1.5kgs.
+1
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

jameso wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:47 pm
fatbikephil wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:24 pm More sensibly, a 3 speed hub gear that is well sealed and doesn't weigh 1.5kgs.
+1
+2
I'm just going outside ...