Light and small insulated jacket.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mr conners

Light and small insulated jacket.

Post by Mr conners »

Just a quick one. I'm after a synthetic jacket that would do for summer camping and early mornings. Ideally one that packs up really small. I've got a really old Patagonia primaloft but it's a bit bulky. We rode some of the dales 300 this weekend and I didn't want my down coat getting wet therefore froze my t*ts off on Saturday morning. Any recommendations?
Thanks.
Boab

Re: Light and small insulated jacket.

Post by Boab »

A lot of folks quite like the Montane Prism. Although there's quite a lot of different makes and model of lightweight jackets to choose from. Just depends how spendy you want to get...
https://ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/men ... c-jackets/

If you want something a bit more cycling and can get on with the fit...
https://www.albioncycling.com/collectio ... ation-men/
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
Mr conners

Post by Mr conners »

Cheers. My neighbour said the Patagonia microlight is good...but he didn't tell me the price.
PaulE

Post by PaulE »

I've a Patagonia nanopuff which is ideal for this sort of use. It wasn't cheap, but is still going (although starting to wear out now) after 10+ years
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

PaulE wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:45 pm I've a Patagonia nanopuff which is ideal for this sort of use. It wasn't cheap, but is still going (although starting to wear out now) after 10+ years
Same and similar time span too. My nano has been well used and not well looked after but still is warm and presentable too.

My Arcteryx nucleii (sp?) is also going well after (at least) 9 years, still looks new but has had an easier life than the nano. Similar warmth but packs smaller
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

Patagonia DAS light hoody here for spring autumn weather.

https://eu.patagonia.com/gb/en/product/ ... 85300.html
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Montane prism.

Decathlon Forclaz.

My 2p
Mark E

Post by Mark E »

Another vote for the patagonia nano here. The pullover version packs down smaller if you can find one-I think they’ve stopped making them?
HUX

Post by HUX »

Montane Prism ultra jacket or smock or the Fireball smock here..
benp1

Post by benp1 »

I'd probably be looking at the OMM Rotor smock if it was me. Primaloft gold, minimal stitching to keep the insulation in place so warmer in the wind. Rotor jacket also an option but slightly different insulation set up and full length zip

I use a rotor vest very regularly, probably the most useful bit of insulation I have comparing weight vs warmth. As an example, it weighs 12g more than my bearbones windproof gilet but it's insulated

My favourite synthetic insulated jacket is no longer made sadly, Berghaus Hypertherm Hoody
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

benp1 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:57 am I'd probably be looking at the OMM Rotor smock if it was me. Primaloft gold, minimal stitching to keep the insulation in place so warmer in the wind. Rotor jacket also an option but slightly different insulation set up and full length zip

I use a rotor vest very regularly, probably the most useful bit of insulation I have comparing weight vs warmth. As an example, it weighs 12g more than my bearbones windproof gilet but it's insulated

My favourite synthetic insulated jacket is no longer made sadly, Berghaus Hypertherm Hoody

The rotor vest may just be what I’m after, ta
Mr conners

Post by Mr conners »

I've an OMM windproof plastic bag type thing. It's by far my most used jacket I've got, and doubled with a gilet is usually enough for most warmish weather so I'm really interested in seeing their insulated jackets. I've got a nano puff but was just after something that packs a bit smaller.
Or is this the moon on the stick?