New rear light time

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

petemaz

New rear light time

Post by petemaz »

Looking for any experiences/recommendations... My Moon Cerberus rear light just packed in after a couple of years usage, and after reading some online reviews I suspect it might've been down to rain water getting into the charging port over time. So, I need a new light - preferably USB, not prone to water getting in and bright for day riding... any suggestions? Thanks!
fatbikephil

Re: New rear light time

Post by fatbikephil »

I'm pleased with my moon helix max which I got in a 2 for 1 deal from Rutland cycles. I've only had it for 6 months but no leakage issues despite plenty of rain. Switch a bit fiddly but a lot less so than on an exposure trace. The exposures are good lights, if spendy, and the switch is awkward if you have cold hands. Sealing wise they are very good - I left one lying in the woods for a year with no leakage issues, despite a rodent gnawing the rubber sealing band....
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

I've an earlier version of this https://www.merlincycles.com/knog-blind ... 37709.html An interesting design in that the USB connector is part of the mount and you just plug it in to any USB-A socket so no cable to lose.

Bloomin' bright - you get road signs lit up 100m behind you
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Not usb but the Blackburn 'Local' is one of my favourites ... not managed to drown or break one yet.
May the bridges you burn light your way
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

I have a Lezyne Zecto Drive 250 Max Rear Light … it is SO bright with a daytime setting. Best rear light I’ve ever owned.
Boab

Post by Boab »

I've got an Exposure Blaze, which I mainly got for the day bright flash mode. It's great for general riding, lasts an age, although I've never had quite the stated runtime. Can't fit it to anything other than the seat post though, which means it gets left home on most bike packing trips. I also have one of them CubeLite's, which I had before I upgraded to the Exposure. It's fine when it's proper dark, but I'm not sure it's quite bright enough for proper daytime running. It will at least attach to a seat stay, or to my Restrap saddle harness.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
petemaz

Post by petemaz »

Thanks everyone, I'll take a look at all the lights mentioned 👍