Aircraft hand luggage: Dyno light and USB box ok?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Teaman

Aircraft hand luggage: Dyno light and USB box ok?

Post by Teaman »

Just wondering if my dynamo K light and USB box will be fine in my hand luggage? Think they might have gone with the bike in the hold before but would prefer to have them with me this time in the cabin. Just wondering if the USB box/gizmo might cause alarm and issues with the scanner etc? Someone unfamiliar with it could look at It and easily be mistaken into thinking it was some home made device/explosive or just too difficult category and I don’t want to come unstuck!
Anyone any experience?
GoneCaving

Re: Aircraft hand luggage: Dyno light and USB box ok?

Post by GoneCaving »

Having travelled with much more unusual electronics, I would be astonished if a klite and USB caused so much as a raised eyebrow!
jameso

Post by jameso »

I made a USB charger and cache battery unit ages ago, added a neat USB amp meter with LED readout to it, taped up the 4 AA cells with gaffer tape and popped it all into a clear plastic project box. I was really pleased with my handiwork a week or so before a flight to Europe, then realised I'd made something that looked just like a small bomb :grin: Or to me it looked pretty dodgy anyway. Borrowed a Keemo charger for that trip!
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

I've flown with a self made "Forumslader" a bunch of times. Never was of any interest.
Don't bother.

Different with empty fuel bottles (for those flying with multi fuel stoves) though. I advice to not listen to music about 1 h before take off. I got called out more then once.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Yeah, you'll be right. Don't take jar of Vegemite though, they'll freak out.
I'm just going outside ...
Teaman

Post by Teaman »

Sorry for the late reply but thanks for your comments. You were correct and it passed through without any questions whatsoever 😀