Anyone for Kenya? Approx 18/9 for a few weeks

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Teaman

Anyone for Kenya? Approx 18/9 for a few weeks

Post by Teaman »

I am going to be out in Kenya in Sept and am very keen to cycle the Kenya Bike Odyssey route which will be one great big adventure :-) Whilst I am generally happy cycling on my own and did a solo 4+ week trip last year on in Spain, my family are not keen on me riding this particular route on my own and I also think it's probably a wise decision to ride this one with company. I will already be in Kenya and have flights booked but want to extend my stay there so that I can cycle this route. I am now trying to find some cycling companion(s) to enable this to become a reality. I was born in Kenya and it's a fantastic country but I haven't been back since leaving there when I was 10.

https://bikepacking.com/routes/kenya-bike-odyssey/

Looking to start the route around 18/9

Please let me know if you are in interested or might have contacts who would be.

"Don't let your DREAMS be dreams."
Last edited by Teaman on Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
robbie

Re: Anyone for Kenya? Approx 18/9 for a few weeks

Post by robbie »

My old man lives out there. Unfortunately it's got worse in the last while with the robberies since the new government disbanded the police death squad so definitely take all the precautions u can. Enjoy :-bd
Teaman

Re: Anyone for Kenya? Approx 18/9 for a few weeks

Post by Teaman »

robbie wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:50 pm My old man lives out there. Unfortunately it's got worse in the last while with the robberies since the new government disbanded the police death squad so definitely take all the precautions u can. Enjoy :-bd
Thanks Robbie and all the more reason for riding with company. Crime has always been an issue esp in the cities but will be interesting to see what folk say and how they view the risks in the rural areas. I’ll make some enquiries and see what the situation is. Will PM you at some point as your father could be a useful source of info.

Meanwhile, anyone who likes the idea of joining me please get in touch. I won’t be taking stupid risks with my safety etc and hence if the situation and security out there has got quite bad then I won’t risk it.