S2S Aeros pillow repair

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

woodsmith

S2S Aeros pillow repair

Post by woodsmith »

My Sea To Summit Aeros pillow has developed a couple of leaks on the ends of what are the welded baffle seams. I've tried some of the self adhesive Thermarest patches but they don't stick well to the flock/velvet like material surface. Any experience or suggestions for an effective repair as I'm reluctant to spend another £30 on a new one.
redefined_cycles

Re: S2S Aeros pillow repair

Post by redefined_cycles »

I'll bet s2s will replace that. Check em out (and let us know pls).
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

A hot iron might do it, I know folk have done this with sleep mats, even shortening them

(but don't blame me if it ruins the iron or pillow)
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

redefined_cycles wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:58 am I'll bet s2s will replace that. Check em out (and let us know pls).
Sea to Summit products carry a lifetime warranty against defects in workmanship and materials to the original owner for the intended life of the product under normal use (subject to proof of purchase from an authorised Sea to Summit reseller).

I guess I will just have to buy a new one then use that proof of purchase to get a replacement :lol:
redefined_cycles

No don't do that bro... Otherwise the excellent goodwill of these companies fail to function... It'll end up an Alpshit company where they try not to believe us in the first instance... :lol:

We'll have to think of a new name... like Sea2Someshit ...

Get a new one and you know you're covered for life and them there s2s keep making excellent produce :grin: :-bd
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

redefined_cycles wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:01 pm No don't do that bro... Otherwise the excellent goodwill of these companies fail to function... It'll end up an Alpshit company where they try not to believe us in the first instance... :lol:

We'll have to think of a new name... like Sea2Someshit ...

Get a new one and you know you're covered for life and them there s2s keep making excellent produce :grin: :-bd
It's not like I'd be defrauding S2S. I'm still purchasing their product. I've had 2 vastly more expensive Thermarests replaced without any proof of purchase, no questions asked. A company should either stand by their product or not at all.
redefined_cycles

:grin:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'd try the iron as Rich suggests, as these things are generally heat bonded when manufactured.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Johnallan

Post by Johnallan »

I had a S2S collapsible mug which developed a leak. They shipped me a new one out without question or asking for proof of purchase. Top marks from me and certainly worth getting in touch
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

Johnallan wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:37 pm I had a S2S collapsible mug which developed a leak. They shipped me a new one out without question or asking for proof of purchase. Top marks from me and certainly worth getting in touch
Sounds promissing. I'll give it a whirl before shelling out for a replacement or destroying it with the iron.
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

Quick update.
I sent a request into S2S via the form on the website on the 10th and didn't hear anything for over a week. Gave them a call on the 21st and they emailed a DPD returns form. Got a new one dropped off this morning. Very impressed with the sevice. No proof of purchase was required.
Johnallan

Post by Johnallan »

Wonderful result :-bd