Nothing exciting

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Nothing exciting

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

but it really doesn't have to be ;)

I had Dave with me who I've taken out a couple of times before. In the past he's always used a tent and other heavy things, so this time I thought I'd try and introduce him to the clammy world of bivvy bags ;) Day 1 was 55k out over towards Nant Y Moch before finding a nice breezy spot above the Cwmystwyth valley. Much to Daves dismay we came across a 'proper' mid Wales bridleway which I insisted we went/pushed/carried and swore up. Here he is just cresting the top of it as the sun starts to sink ;)

View from our little hill top camp.

And here is our little hill top camp

A quick 20k next morning saw us breakfasting in Llanidloes before a pleasant bimble home through Hafren to give Daves legs a chance to recover. So, like I say, nothing exciting but that doesn't stop it being great.
May the bridges you burn light your way
durhambiker

Re: Nothing exciting

Post by durhambiker »

Looks vaguely exciting. Used to live just down the road from Nant y Moch. Always miss it when I see stuff like this. Should try to get over sometime and do some bikepacking in the area.
rocklobstercat

Post by rocklobstercat »

Cheers for posting, I must try bivving myself now the summer's here and leave the tent at home. Just waiting for Alpkit to have them in stock. Great views by the way. I remember a 'bridleway' on the WRT which was supposed to be Sustrans Route No 8, it was the worst part of the trip. Could hardly push up it never mind ride it. :roll:
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

A mate of mine has just bought a Karrimor Bivibag from Field & Trek/Sports direct for £25 that looks a lot like a Hunka, I think Stu posted a link up recently.
rocklobstercat

Post by rocklobstercat »

Cheers for that, I've looked at the spec for that bag but can't find any info on the weight of it. Would your mate know?
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

rocklobstercat wrote:Cheers for that, I've looked at the spec for that bag but can't find any info on the weight of it. Would your mate know?
He literally ordered it yesterday, I'm sure he'll be happy to pop it on the scales once it gets here.