Sold

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Scott L

Sold

Post by Scott L »

Hello all,

Selling my orbea oiz frame size large 2020. Full Carbon frame with fox float performance shock. Front triangle was invisiframed from new, rear was not and has some scratching from heal rub.

Reason for cheap price is that the frame has a bit of damage in the main pivot. I rode the bike with the pivot loose and wore away some material from the drive side chainstay where the main pivot axle screws in.

This was remedied by my LBS by using a steel washer to take up the space between the chainstay and frame. They are an orbea dealer and have lots of experience with mountain bikes and reckon the fix is solid. I have used the bike for a further 300 km with the fix without experiencing any problems.

If you are concerned about running the bike like this, you could pursue a crash replacement back end at some point - I looked into it myself but it wouldn’t be worth my while when I’m intending to sell. It may be possible to do some other kind of carbon repair on the frame - I’ve not looked into this .

Included in the frame will be a new headset and a lovely bolt on frame bag from Straightcut Designs.

Happy to post at buyers expense. Photos on request.
Last edited by Scott L on Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott L

Re: Orbea Oiz Frame Large £300

Post by Scott L »

Price drop - £300 :)