Cycle.travel

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

voodoo_simon

Cycle.travel

Post by voodoo_simon »

Cycle.travel now has an app for us Apple users :-bd Android to follow apparently

Think it’s still in its early development app stage though, so some things need ironing out according to the developer
Dean

Re: Cycle.travel

Post by Dean »

I have been impressed by the route management in the browser, I wait in anticipation for the Android app to become available.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

oddly just been using it before popping over here
Its a decent little thing for road riding and planning a trip
JackT

Post by JackT »

I like it a lot. It's definitely more of a routing / navigation tool than a plotting / library tool, if that distinction makes any sense. And it's more focussed towards quiet lanes, cycleways, towpaths etc than technical, more MTB-oriented paths. But it's very powerful, and I use it in tandem with RwGPS where I do most of my route plotting and maintain my routes library.

Patreon supporters (£2 a month) get full OS maps access, though I don't think it will download OS maps tiles for offline use.

If you want to hear more from Richard, the developer - it really is a one-man band, and amazing product when you think about that - I did a long podcast interview with him a little while back: https://thebikeshow.net/planning-your-n ... adventure/