what waterproof ??

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ton

what waterproof ??

Post by ton »

need a new waterproof. i have been using a columbia outdry for the last 5 or so years.
it is now a bit sad looking, and to be honest it feels very uncomfy to wear.
my mrs calls it my rubber johnny coat, and it kind of feels like it now.

so something not too bike specific. not too heavy. dont need a hood. and available in true mansizing.
any idea's anyone ?

i cant seem to find anything.
redefined_cycles

Re: what waterproof ??

Post by redefined_cycles »

I think it's called goretex C fabric. It's your friend Tony. I have this in that material and been amazing...

https://www.mountainhardwear.co.uk/prod ... 5335315618

Pactlite is what the fabric is called Tony and this seems to be similar to the ME I have. Still going strong 2 years on and doesn't look like a..
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

I dont think anything's as good as Outdry. I'd just get another.

HYOH :cool:
slarge

Post by slarge »

I'd suggest you don't get a gore shakedry. Whilst brilliant and totally waterproof they might not be available in your sizing and are also quite fragile.

Another outdry looks like your best option
Karl

Post by Karl »

Can you still get the outdry reign? Only seems like the extreme is available as it's a bit pricey.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

The heady days of multiple (indistinguishable?) versions of Outdry jackets being pedaled by umpteen vendors for really low prices seem to be behind us.

Bit more careful searching needed nowadays but I believe there's old stock and the odd bargain to be had. Someone linked to some lovely white ones recently :lol:
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:23 am I dont think anything's as good as Outdry. I'd just get another.

HYOH :cool:
Seconded, for light weight I prefer the Gore Shakedry, but Outdry wins for heavy rain and dog walking in the rain
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

I horded a new Outdry Reign during a Columbia sale a while ago and just broke it out for the first time last week during an ultra soggy ride. I'm glad I bought it back when they were readily available and relatively cheap if they're becoming hard to find. I had been thinking about splashing out on an Endura MT500 jacket for trail riding and saving my Outdrys for bikepacking and this discussion kinda reinforces that idea.