It's a slippery slope.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Richpips

It's a slippery slope.

Post by Richpips »

I bought an electric pump to blow up my thermarest today, a FLEXTAILGEAR TINY PUMP.

voodoo_simon

Re: It's a slippery slope.

Post by voodoo_simon »

They’re brilliant little things :-bd

I got mine after a John Climber recommendation, cheaper than a pack raft :wink:

Edit - thinking aloud, could it be converted to do bikes tyres???
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Richpips wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:17 pm I bought an electric pump to blow up my thermarest today, a FLEXTAILGEAR TINY PUMP.

One tip,
I ground down one side of the back of outlet nozzle attachment with my grinding wheel so that the outlet nozzle pushed onto the pump better for a firmer fix.

I'll take a photo to show this if you really want me to get off the sofa for you.

You can use it backwards to suck out the final bit of air from the mattress too so that it folds down super flat.
It really is a cracking bit of kit.

The X (see below) has a great little light under it which works well as a tent night light,

I've the bigger one too for my packrafts as well
Last edited by JohnClimber on Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

The dog wanted wee so while I was up I too this photo for you to show how I've shaped the outlet to fit the pump much better.

whitestone

Post by whitestone »

JohnClimber wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:27 pm The dog wanted wee so while I was up I too this photo for you to show how I've shaped the outlet to fit the pump much better.
More versatile than one might first think! :lol:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

whitestone wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:32 pm More versatile than one might first think! :lol:
What you do with a pump that blows and sucks on your solo bivi is your business and shouldn't be aired in public :oops:
RIP

Post by RIP »

:lol:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

JohnClimber wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:38 pm
whitestone wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:32 pm More versatile than one might first think! :lol:
What you do with a pump that blows and sucks on your solo bivi is your business and shouldn't be aired in public :oops:
He packs an organ?
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
benp1

Post by benp1 »

When my thermarest neoair pump dies i'll probably get one of these. The neoair pump is actually lighter, incl batteries, that the inflating sack I used to use for it. Plus it's totally faff free, although I usually put a couple of extra breaths in to get it up to pressure
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

You're right, very slippery slope! It strikes me as another bit of electronic, battery powered stuff to go wrong / forget to charge / get wet and fritz etc. For mats and stuff I (irrationally / inherently?) prefer the simplicity of a schnozzle and it can double-duty as a bag. And there was nothing like the sound of one asthmatically whirring away as we set up camp on that remote Lakeland peninsula recently eh John :lol: :wink: :wink:

Full disclosure - I have one for the packraft and they're grand bits of kit, particularly for packing up a PVC / Neris :-bd

:cool: HYOH :cool:
Leerowe76

Post by Leerowe76 »

I also have one of these after seeing Mr.Climber using his on the WRT, works great
Living On Dreams & Custard Creams