A boat to France

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

jameso

A boat to France

Post by jameso »

I don't think there's a better all-round touring experience than riding to the ferry then going into France / Europe - beats flying anyway. Now sailing across the channel has got really interesting -

https://saillink.co.uk/

https://www.positive.news/environment/c ... rom-dover/

More £ than the ferry and the pilot phase pricing vs future pricing isn't clear. They have supporter tickets at £175 return inc bike that can be used anytime in future, so it's European Bike Express sort of money. A combination of the boat and the EBE coach would make a great trip.
Bearbonesnorm

Re: A boat to France

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I like that and what better way to leave our rapidly sinking little island :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

There is nothing more useless on a yacht than a bike.
H W Tilman.
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

Unless I'm reading it wrong, it doesn't look like they've got a boat yet? Looks amazing if they get it going though.
jameso

Post by jameso »

Retiredtester wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:51 pm Unless I'm reading it wrong, it doesn't look like they've got a boat yet? Looks amazing if they get it going though.
They've trialled it with a class of boat and are now looking to buy one of the same for full-time use. I guess that's what the supporter tickets are for, to raise funds.
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

All understood James. Makes the purchase of a ticket a little bit precarious, but I imagine they're refundable.