Fs: salsa spearfish - rolling chassis

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Al

Fs: salsa spearfish - rolling chassis

Post by Al »

Got mixed feelings about selling this, but looking to move on my mk1 salsa spearfish. It’s been superb for big cross country days out and more challenging bike packing trips but needs must (Iain Fitz was the previous owner).

If you like your bike looking pristine then stop reading now. Lots of cable rub and missing paint from bag straps etc, but all mechanically sound. Pivot bearings replaced not long ago.
Size xl, but old school geometry so a reach of 438mm and plenty of standover (I’m 6’1” and you wouldn’t want to be any taller).

Selling as a rolling chassis with:
- stans crest wheelset with bontrager xr3 tyres (stans hubs - good condition bar some notching to freehub body)
- Superstar components -2deg angleset headset (definitely helps ‘modernise’ the geometry and improved the handling)
- White 100mm rockshox Reba (not the ones pictured - remote lockout, have had very little use)
- BB which allows the use of standard shimano cranks without nasty press fit. I think it’s a wheels manufacturing one (but not certain without taking it out!)
- USE seatpost (think it’s a sumo but not certain)

Looking for £450
In bishops castle (Shropshire) if you can collect or could work something out to post if that’s no good.

Photo is fairly recent, message me if you want pics of anything specific.
Attachments
C1378866-6764-4FDE-AEEA-CCB64A0A0C6A.jpeg
C1378866-6764-4FDE-AEEA-CCB64A0A0C6A.jpeg (141.79 KiB) Viewed 563 times
redefined_cycles

Re: Fs: salsa spearfish - rolling chassis

Post by redefined_cycles »

Hi Al. I'm tempted. Will it fit a 5ft10 person andwhat wheel size please. Many thanks and if someone beats me to it whilst I'm contemplating then so be it!
Al

Post by Al »

redefined_cycles wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:20 pm Hi Al. I'm tempted. Will it fit a 5ft10 person andwhat wheel size please. Many thanks and if someone beats me to it whilst I'm contemplating then so be it!
29er shaf
Should fit you fine - plenty of stand over. My wife is 5’10” and she’s ridden it happily with a shorter stem.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Last message deleted as I'm being an idiot wanting another bike after only just having sorted out storage for the others! Looks lovely btw and the temptation is really strong.

Message to self... must resist!
fatpacker

Post by fatpacker »

You have a PM.