Replacement carbon fork required.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

highandwild

Replacement carbon fork required.

Post by highandwild »

I have purchased and received delivery of a titanium gravel frame from a major cycle supplier. Unfortunately the frame specification online and the one offered by their advisors is not the same as the frame specification of frames delivered. The carbon fork I wanted has through hole in the crown to enable a mudguard and a small front rack to be fitted. The one supplied only has a threaded insert in the back of the fork for a mudguard. All stocks of the fork that I need have been sold.

Changing the fork specification, although I am not sure if this actually happened, is not the problem but the failure to update the specification online was a mistake.

The supplier of the fork to the retailer has gone bust and the original manufacturer is not known. The manufacturer did not just make this fork for this retailer.

Does anybody know where I can get a suitable carbon fork with a hole through the fork crown? The axle to crown measurement is 395mm, the fork rake is 45mm and the steering column length is 300mm.

Thanks
Lazarus

Re: Replacement carbon fork required.

Post by Lazarus »

Laws apply here and that is breach of contract so you do not have to accept the goods - if you did i assume you got a very healthy discount

anyway back to your problem - ideal but 10 mm longer A-C - which I could live with --YMMV and uncut steerer is 300mm[ got some unfitted so just checked and the hole is all the way through] but you cannot possibly need all of that can you?

https://olsenbikes.co.uk/products/copy- ... t-mtb-fork
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Could you not add the required hole?
May the bridges you burn light your way
ripio

Post by ripio »

Spa's carbon gravel fork seems to match your requirements assuming tapered steerer
https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m21b0s29p48 ... ravel-Fork
jameso

Post by jameso »

axle to crown measurement is 395mm, the fork rake is 45mm
That's pretty much 'generic gravel fork' spec so should be easy to find. 50mm offset would be an ok alternative.
Could you not add the required hole?
Please don't : )

That Spa Cycles fork looks good for the money. No idea who makes it but I would expect Spa should be sourcing from decent suppliers.